+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What stamping tool was a total waste of money?

The cricut that is still in the box, the Janome sewing machine that is still in the box and the Big Bite Crop a dile that is still in the box would be the ones I can think of off the top of my head. LOL
    Cathi

Perfect Layers layering/cutting rulers from QVC. Haven't used them yet. Some people just love them.
    Annette

(Bugga in OK)

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." Desiderata

So many -let me see- the eyelet setter- that is suppose to work with a twist- yea right. The Chiselet that is suppose to be quicker to apply color, many paper cutters, not to mention a few stamp pads- the resist one, the embosser thingy with the templates. My latest really waste that I couldn't wait to buy is the "Clip It" I have too much stuff. The RollaBinder, I am starting to wonder about the cricut-it is out of the box but only used for practice. Needed more cartridges-you know how that is. I could go on but then all of you would know that I didn't use good judgement with my purchases.
    I love my scor-pal tho.

4. Quote Originally Posted by christie003d View Post
    Well it's not really a stamping item but the tidy tray for embossing powder. Useless, i never use it. The powder always sticks to it no matter what I try.
    A SU demo used coffee filters for her embossing powders! Works great & they can even be reused. Since we don't drink coffee (but I have a tiny 4 cup coffee maker in case I ever need it) I have an abundance of filters. But, I think they are pretty cheap anyway?

5. I LOVE my white Stazon, what's the matter with it?? It works so much better than my other Stazons (I have temporarily misplaced the little refill bottle). I LOVE it & use it on TRPs. I think it sucks on cardstock. Maybe that's what y'all are talking about. DUH moment for Suzi. What can I say, I've been stuck w/my mom all day & NEVER did get to the LSS. I'm going tomorrow, OR ELSE!!! LOL

6. Off the top of my head, I can't think of what I've bought that I haven't used, eventually. I usually don't rush out & buy the latest & greatest as soon as they hit the stores. I wait until y'all tell me what's good & THEN go get it! I do have a TON of chipboard shapes & haven't used them yet. I do intend to, just haven't got around to it (I've been carrying some embossed ones in my tote bag for 3 weeks wanting to play w/them)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Canadian, eh View Post
    Two packages of chipboard pieces (pkg was on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and 4" thick worth). Bought two because the sale price was good. 3 years later I still haven't used them.
    I'm with Beth on the chipboard stuff. Don't like it, won't use it!

8. I agree that stuff the stays in boxes and packages are a waste. I think many manufactures are slackin in providing good education on the basic instructions and different uses of their products. It is one of main reasons I participate in these forums.

Beth, I too bought some chipboard from an online sale. I had not a clue the pieces could be so big!...and they fell apart as I inked them!...what a mess. I know people have different opinions about grungeboard but it does not fall apart and it is now available in small accent pieces.

I have enjoyed using my white STAZON ink on transparences and metal. It works well on non-porous surfaces. Because paper is porous it does not work well on it but inks for paper do not work on firm surfaces...arggh that is why I have so many inks.

I was just looking at the new Crop a dile today...what do you think of it...I have never used one.

9. Oh, yeah, the Fastenator.

10. Making Memories tag maker! WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!? This too will be up for sale once I can dig it out. I think I used it once and wasn't so impressed with the tags.
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

+ Reply to Thread