+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My famous hot cocoa mix .... (recipe below)

this sounds yummy i can't wait to try it out, however i like many others would like to try it out when the weather is a little cooler than 85 degrees but hopefully this weekend they say it is gonna get cooler... I can't wait to try this and it will make such a great gift for Christmas Thanks Sherri
    Christy

Thanks Sherri, for sharing this with us. it sounds so good, l think l'll pick up the ingredients.. and try it out for Christmas with the family.
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

3. Thanks again .... I will be making this for gifts. I'll have to wait until the skunk smell in my house goes away .... or someone will wonder why my hot chocolate mix has a peculiar odor and taste....lol (darn skunk and stupid dog)

4. Re: My famous hot cocoa mix .... (recipe below)

Does anyone know how much 25.6 oz box of Carnation Powdered milk equals in cups? I bought the 4.4 lb. size and now I don't know how to convert it? HELP!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: My famous hot cocoa mix .... (recipe below)

Quote Originally Posted by karla_m_angelstamper View Post
    Does anyone know how much 25.6 oz box of Carnation Powdered milk equals in cups? I bought the 4.4 lb. size and now I don't know how to convert it? HELP!!
    I had this same problem last year. I had to call the company and get it figured out. You need 2 3/4 cups of the powdered milk.

I don't know.

But I was crazing hot cocoa something AWFUL the other day. I finally did buy envelopes but nothing compares to Sherri's stuff.

I promised myself next year at the first hint of cool weather I'm making this up for myself.

7. Re: My famous hot cocoa mix .... (recipe below)

Quote Originally Posted by christie003d View Post
    I had this same problem last year. I had to call the company and get it figured out. You need 2 3/4 cups of the powdered milk.

Christie,

Was that for the full recipe? The reason I'm asking is that doesn't seem like enough. The 25.6 oz. box makes 8 quarts of milk. You need 1 1/3 cups dry milk to make 1 quart. So, 8 x 1 1/3 cups = 10 2/3 cups. BUT, that sounds like too much. HELP AGAIN!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by karla_m_angelstamper View Post
    Christie,

Was that for the full recipe? The reason I'm asking is that doesn't seem like enough. The 25.6 oz. box makes 8 quarts of milk. You need 1 1/3 cups dry milk to make 1 quart. So, 8 x 1 1/3 cups = 10 2/3 cups. BUT, that sounds like too much. HELP AGAIN!!
    Yes, that was for the entire recipe. That is what I used last year and it worked great!

9. Re: My famous hot cocoa mix .... (recipe below)

Yes it is ALOT of dry milk you are going to use that whole box.
    The Shackretary

this is the best!! I still have a little bit left from last year. yum yum

+ Reply to Thread