+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some of you may remember that I lost 50 pounds a couple years ago...

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is another great support system. It's usually much cheaper and they also have an on line method if that's what you prefer. That's how I lost my weight and continue to keep it off. I need that accountability every week when I face the scales. LOL Good luck to you, whatever you choose. And we'll all be here for support too!

Tracey
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Traci, I am counting my points, but I am just doing it at home. I don't want to pay the fee. I have now lost 15 lbs this past 4 weeks. I don't want the hassle of getting out and going to the meetings. It is the easiest diet I have done and its working. Glinda

l know you can do it Traci..you go girl.. and its good you have a friend to walk with..
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

Way to go Traci! I will be here to support you for whatever you need...keep us posted.

Way to go Traci ... I have been doing WW since February and hit 15 pounds in my last meeting. Walking with a friend in the mornings should help!
    Chelsea
    a*muse studio rep #1438

My Blog - Chelsea's Creative Corner

6. Traci, have you ever heard of T.O.P.S (Take off pounds sensibly)? It is a non-profit, international, weight loss support group. They do not offer a specific eating plan like weight watchers does but they do encourage you to change your eating habits by following the food guide (we have a Canadian food guide - not sure if you have something similar in the US). There are no calories or points to count - just choose a balanced meal based on the food guide. They have weekly weigh-ins and meetings and the cost is just $2 per week.

I am a member of TOPS in Stellarton, NS. I joined in February and have taken off 15 lbs without effort. The outpouring of love and encouragement from these ladies is absolutely amazing! They are like family to me now. We have little mini weight loss challenges betweeen the members of our chapter and, once a year we have a huge ralley in which multiple chapters come together to receive recognition and awards for their weight loss accomplishments. We just had our ralley in May and it was a 2 day event held in another town. Our chapter paid for our entire hotel stay, all of our meals for 2 days, AND paid for my gas to get there. Not one penny came out of my pocket that weekend. Okay, I lied. My friend Lisa and I did get to visit a rubberstamping/scrapbooking store, haha. Anyway, it was an absolutely amazing experience and it has motivated me to lose more weight so that I can be an active participant in next years festivities (ie. the baggy dress competition - this is where you go on stage and hold up a dress that you USED to wear then drop it to reveal the new, slimmer you).

Anyhoo, so sorry to ramble on. I just love my TOPS group and I get so excited when I yack about it, hehe.

Good luck with your weight loss!! I know you'll do fantabulous!

Good luck to you, Traci!
    I understand everything you're going through!
    I am hoping I'm now on the right track, myself. I gave up WW and am now counting carbs instead.
    So far, since Sept. I've managed to lose 21#....along with Curves, that is.
    GOOD LUCK...we're here for you!
    HUGS
    Joanie

vI love your motivation, Traci! I am here for you...we can support each other in our goals to get back on track and lose some of this not needed weight gain lol. I think it is great that you have all this energy and motivation. I haven't started the gym yet as I had to call the personal trainer last night and she hasnt gotten back to me yet. I hope to start working out next week sometime. But I have been logging what I eat yesterday and today. I put all in a spreadsheet at work and go into www.my-calorie-counter.com and find the calories for the foods I eat. It works good. I was so PROUD of myself last night. After I had dinner I didnt eat anything else. That is really hard for me. But I suppose conking out shortly thereafter added to that right? lol

Good luck!
    Darlene

9. Good luck to you!

+ Reply to Thread