+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creative Color Challenge question

Creative Color Challenge question

I have never participated in any of the challenges, though I have wanted to, but since I love the pink/orange color combo I thought I would try this. My question is this (after looking in gallery) you can only use the two combo colors and white and/or black? Or is that not right? I see a lot of black stamped images/sentiments and the rest of the card in the combo colors. Just wondering as I dont want to mess it up.
    tia!
    Darlene

2. Darlene so glad one of challenges sparks your interest! Good question! Stacy coordinates our color challenges and you are right her written description in the creative corner states only the colors listed. But I too looked at here sample card and saw that it was stamped in black and had green accents...so I followed that. I will PM Stacy for you and will let her give you a specific answer!...Jan

Hi Darlene,
    its really a flexible kind of thing... you can either do it in just pink and orange or you can add more to make it work for you. like if you have an image that needs stamped and its not a solid image its an outline I'm going to assume your going to do it on white or cream cardstock in black or brown ink... ( thats pretty much a given i think) The idea is to play with these colors and add them to your project. black and white in my mind are like neutral (not there ) colors in the combo. if you look at the color challenge gallery you'll see that alot. an image stamped on white (then colored) with the color combo being the stage it plays on. so the color combo colors are the main colors you see when you first squint at the project.

hth,
    ~Stacy

My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Darlene so glad one of challenges sparks your interest! Good question! Stacy coordinates our color challenges and you are right her written description in the creative corner states only the colors listed. But I too looked at here sample card and saw that it was stamped in black and had green accents...so I followed that. I will PM Stacy for you and will let her give you a specific answer!...Jan
    Thank you, Jan
    Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
    Hi Darlene,
    its really a flexible kind of thing... you can either do it in just pink and orange or you can add more to make it work for you. like if you have an image that needs stamped and its not a solid image its an outline I'm going to assume your going to do it on white or cream cardstock in black or brown ink... ( thats pretty much a given i think) The idea is to play with these colors and add them to your project. black and white in my mind are like neutral (not there ) colors in the combo. if you look at the color challenge gallery you'll see that alot. an image stamped on white (then colored) with the color combo being the stage it plays on. so the color combo colors are the main colors you see when you first squint at the project.

hth,
    Thank you, Stacy for the info. It really helps. I, too, thought that black/white/cream/brown were as you described, I just wanted to make sure. I made my card last night..dont like it, but will post it lol
    Darlene

+ Reply to Thread