+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calling all squash recipes ...

yes..they will get that way

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    But mine get mushy when I freeze them. What am I doing wrong??????
    but they are fine for baking..just put them in a strainer over a bowll
    and let them strain..great for zuchinni bread also

2. Sometimes I do like you do Sherri on top of the stove, drain the water, add a little butter, and top with shredded cheddar cheese. But I also make the casserole Charity mentioned too.

3. okay...my friend Aimee sent me her recipe:

2 lbs squash cut into cubes (I used zucchini and yellow) (peel zucchini)

¼ cup chopped onion

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded carrots

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 box stove top stuffing

1 stick of butter/margarine

Cook squash and onion in a little water until squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, melt butter and stir in stove top stuffing. Put ½ of stuffing mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish. In a large bowl combine soup, sour cream, carrots and cheese. Stir in squash mixture. Layer mixture over stuffing. Cover with remaining stuffing. Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.
    Traci

4. Wow - some yummy recipes!
    Teresa

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    You can add squash to just about anything you bake like breads, cakes, cookies, etc.... It doesn't have much flavor and it's a good way to get some extra vitamins in there!

We love yellow squash (and zucchini) two ways.....either on the grill (sliced & sprayed with olive oil...we use the Misto...and seasoned or cubed up on shish kabobs) or roasted in the oven, mist a little olive oil, a little salt (& pepper, if you like...I'm allergic to it). Either way, they are both deliscious and super healthy too!

:> Karen

I also like to grill

both green & yellow squash, some onions, and if you like peppers do those too. then chill them . add a little italian dressing and shaved parmasan cheese fore a yummy grilled veggie salad. awesome on a hot day

Oooo! Cindi, your grilled veggie salad sounds yummy! Not to hijack, but speaking of the grill, we also love to grill bell peppers & onions too and pineapple, eggplant (especially Japanese eggplant), corn, and asparagus!

Also speaking of summer squash and italien dressing, try marinating the squash in some lite italien dressing and grilling it....really good that way too!

:> Karen

We like to saute the zucchini in some olive oil and then when tender put some spaghetti sauce and then mozzarella on top of the zucchini. Sort of like a parmesan, but it's not breaded.

Also just marinated in Italian dressing and then grilled is simple but oh so good!

Kathy

I don't have a real recipe, but make it sort of Italian style. I cook up some zucchini, onion, peppers, and eggplant (if I have it), with some canned tomatoes. Then I add in a bit of pizza seasoning and/or italian seasoning. When it's all cooked up I sometimes add mozzarella or parmesan. I call it pizza in a bowl. It makes a great lunch. Pretty healthy too.

+ Reply to Thread