+ Reply to Thread

Thread: **Update** on my toothpick in the foot incident.....

**Update** on my toothpick in the foot incident.....

So things are not any better with my foot. I have gone in every other day to the Podiatrist & he has cleaned my wound & pulled out more bacteria, but still no toothpick. Apparently it has moved up higher into my foot.

I am now on 2 Antibiotics. As of yesterday I was still running a low grade fever and my heart rate was up just a bit. I have also been having hot flashes. The Dr. wants to leave the wound open until this next Tuesday. I am supposed to call him with updates daily.

He said there are 2 choices:

1- Stitch the wound up and hope for the best. He would monitor me still to make sure there are no complications. He said the toothpick could disolve over time & not cause any problems or it could resurface later on at which time we could go in and remove it surgically.

2- He could go in and vaccum the wound out and look around for the broken piece. He said he would prefer not to do this because he may have to go in through the top of my foot as well, and at that could mean A LOT more down time. He also thinks there is a chance that the rest of the toothpick already came out and we just didn't see it.

I am unsure what to do. On one hand I am thinking just do the surgery and get it over with so that I am not down again later by chance. But on the other hand I am like just stitch the flippin' thing up and let me heal! I can't go swimming or do anything at this point. My left hip and foot are getting sore from hobbling around on crutches and having the weight all on one side of my body.

On another note, my estranged 21 year old Step Daughter did come over yesterday & stayed until 11PM to help out which was nice. BUT I did have to pay her $30.00. I guess it was worth the extra help......

Julie
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

What a mess Julie. I hope the right course comes soon. This must be driving you bonkers.

Oh Julie this sounds like a painful mess...would you beable to stand and put pressure on your foot if he just stitched it up..and its sad that you had to pay your step daughter to help you out..l'll keep Praying for you to make the right desion..Big Hugs..
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    I say wait until Tuesday to make a choice. Alot can happen between now and then. Hope you get all healed up fast!

I agree , I'd wait until Tuesday. Hugs to you.
    shelley

6. Gosh Julie. This doesn't sound so great. My grandmother stepped on a needle once and they were never able to remove it. I don't remember her having any problems for the most part. I think every once in a while she'd have a little pain, but nothing big. I sure hope the toothpick is either gone or dissolves quickly.

ouch! sorry it's being such a big pain!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Big hugs to you. Glinda

You poor thing! Sometimes it just seems like nothing is easy, doesn't it! I would wait until Tuesday. Good luck!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

10. what an ordeal. I feel so bad for you. Saying prayers constantly that your foot will heal.

+ Reply to Thread