+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Important Information regarding Shack Plus Membership

1. I have a plus membership but i am not able to look at the tutorial section I can access everything else. Is there a reason for this?

l say we keep the $10 fee after all Sherry has already given us so much and why should she have to pay for our enjoyment...one never knows when an unexpected bill will pop up for what ever needs to be repaired...
    l like the way Sherry has run the stamp shack and would hate to see it change...l feel this is a nice clean place where l can come and enjoy myself while l'm learning..the family that we have here is awesome and new members are always welcome..
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

3. Let me be clear that I was not complaining - simply voicing my opinion. I also clearly stated that I had no problem paying the $10 fee. And I also agree that Sherry should not have to fork out money personally for a dedicated server - that just isn't right!

NO one will EVER be able to please everybody Sherry, so don't even try!

Honestly, I feel there is a lot more personal chit chat here than there is stamping related chatter. No worries though, I skim the "new posts" threads and move on. If I have time to check those threads, I do. If not, I move on even quicker. I'm just saying if someone is looking for a clean, safe, place for stamping and inspiration but all they're seeing is personal chit chat on their first visit - they may not be movitvated to pay $10 to get involved.

Then you have people who ARE looking for online friendships! Then this site is perfect for that!!!

Again, you can not and will not ever please everybody. Just throwing out different points of view here!

Oh Sherry -you always look out for us! I am so glad that you are here!!
    I love the website just as it is...thank you!!!

I think the fee is a good thing....I like the separation of members/nonmembers. I wish the nonmember could not see anything on our profile. I like the idea of posting free of any worries. g

Sherry, I like the $10 fee. One of the things I like best about the site is that it isn't too big! We do get wonderful new members and that's great. But if it became a free for all, I think we would lose part of what makes this an intimate community.

This is an expensive hobby -- I can't image that there is anyone who WANTS to be here who can't afford the $10. And there is NO WAY you should be paying out of your pocket! Is $10 enough? Would $15 give you a better cushion?

When I went to Shackapaloosa, some of my friends (and family!) thought I was nuts to fly across the country to meet with and stay with folks I met online. Don't I read the papers? Don't I watch the news? But I knew that these ladies were for real. I KNEW these ladies, even though I had not met them! The Shack has always seemed "safe" and that's important! (Although I felt safe here before you charged the $10, so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the $$$).

Sherry, you enrich our lives every day by this fantastic service you provide. I am willing to put my $$ where my heart is!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    Sherry, I like the $10 fee. One of the things I like best about the site is that it isn't too big! We do get wonderful new members and that's great. But if it became a free for all, I think we would lose part of what makes this an intimate community.

This is an expensive hobby -- I can't image that there is anyone who WANTS to be here who can't afford the $10. And there is NO WAY you should be paying out of your pocket! Is $10 enough? Would $15 give you a better cushion?

When I went to Shackapaloosa, some of my friends (and family!) thought I was nuts to fly across the country to meet with and stay with folks I met online. Don't I read the papers? Don't I watch the news? But I knew that these ladies were for real. I KNEW these ladies, even though I had not met them! The Shack has always seemed "safe" and that's important! (Although I felt safe here before you charged the $10, so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the $$$).

Sherry, you enrich our lives every day by this fantastic service you provide. I am willing to put my $$ where my heart is!

amen, sister!!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    When I went to Shackapaloosa, some of my friends (and family!) thought I was nuts to fly across the country to meet with and stay with folks I met online. Don't I read the papers? Don't I watch the news? But I knew that these ladies were for real. I KNEW these ladies, even though I had not met them! The Shack has always seemed "safe" and that's important!

LOL that is what my family said the first time I went to NC to meet up with "shackies"

9. Sherry you do a wonderful job keeping The Shack running smoothly and no matter what you do someone will be disappointed...

I'm happy that the fee is staying... $10 is such a small amount for what we have here at The Shack!
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

+ Reply to Thread