+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wordles on good-bye card

1. Wordles on good-bye card

I had read info about this site for some time but when two friends, Shirley (a new lurking shackie) and Joni (Kix) both nudged me within a few days of one another to give this a try. I decided it was time…and indeed it was tons of fun! Here is my card. Thanks ladies for that extra encouragement!

At the wordle site you can add a list of words and the computer puts into an artsy format. You can repeat words in your list that you want to be a larger size. If you want 2 or more words to remain together fill in the blanks between the words with the ~ key. The program allows you to change the directions of the words, colors and fonts. Every time you change font the layout will also change. Once you have a design you like, it can be resized or cropped in a photo editing program (like Photoshop elements etc). You can copy the image with Alt - print screen on your keyboard. Open a new file in the program and paste ctrl-v. Enjoy!

Please post how this works for you! Happy playin!

I love your card. Will definitely have to try this site out.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

3. How neat, Jan!! I have never heard of this site but I can see it as being quite useful.

I LOVE your card!! It is so unique and is so fitting!

I don't have photoshop- I wonder if I can still use it? I love the card you made.
    Sarah

That is SO WAY COOL!!!
    Sarah, I don't have photo shop either....and it worked fine.
    I love it.
    THANKS for the tip!
    ~Cheryl

6. Okay, I could play half the day with this. I've already printed 3 things to use. How do you get it to print "card size" though? Mine is taking up the whole sheet of paper.
    The One And Only
    Mary Rogers

2 Blogs available, PM for an invite

7. Mary--do you have a photo image program where you adjust the size of the a picture-like Photoshop Elements? I copied and pasted into that software program to crop and get the size I wanted...details are written in the last 2 lines of my directions above.

Isn't it fun to play with?!!!

8. Jan, I love your card. Thanks for showing us this site, it will be quite useful, I'm sure.

Great card Jan, I could not make it work. I will have to play more.

Got it now -maybe I will use those for the background for the cards with for the blankets for the troops if I can pick out enough suitable words.

+ Reply to Thread