+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Moonlight Snowman - Sample Card

1. 2008 Moonlight Snowman - Sample Card

I know some of you are on the fence in regards to purchasing this year's holiday stamp so I have prepared a sample card to give you an idea of what the stamp will look like. I hope this helps you make up your mind

As you know, we are currently in the ordering phase so I didn't have an actual stamp to work with. Instead, I used a print of the image. And, because I didn't have an actual stamp, I wasn't able to try the various techniques (ie. embossing, stamping in color, masking) that most stampers would use. This is just a simple project to show how the image would look on a card.

The snowflakes were embossed on light blue cardstock with a clear embossing powder. I printed out a second image, cut out the hat and the scarf, and mounted them on the first image using pop dots for a 3D effect. I then added a very small amount of glitter to the stars and the scarf for a bit of 'oomph'.

wow Sherry!

I love this!! oh my..I'm so glad I jumped right on this stamp!
    thanks so much for the inspriation..you rock

Well, now....if I could copy this one...I'd be just fine!
    Great job!
    Joanie

4. This one word sums it up. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Shackretary

5. Hey Sherry!

Just saw the card and had to make my first post in your forum....!

wow, you really made it work, I love the 3d effect you got from the second level of the hat and scarf. I can't image how neatly you managed to cut out those tiny items, never mind stick them back down in exactly the right place..and don't get me started on the amazing glitter!

I really like the blue too - it's an unusual colour for a Christmas card, but a really good one, since it reflects the weather we wish for so well! It's pretty universal for the winter season, and any other religious holidays as well as New Year too.

It's one thing to do the design, but when I can see how people can run with it, and make it utterly and completely their own, well, it's wonderful and eye opening.

What a real inspiration to all your fellow shackies!! Great, great work!

Best wishes,

Paul

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Beautiful job Sherry!!!!!

AWESOME!!
    Can't wait until mine arrives!

8. Wowzers, that's an awesome card, Sherry!

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

Holy Smokes that card is gorgeous. Great sell, Sherry.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I love the card! It is perfect. I'm going to order my snowman now. I need to see a card worked up. Thanks for making a card for us to see. Hugs, Heather
    Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience. ~Pam Brown

+ Reply to Thread