+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with men?

What is wrong with men?

Before Tom leaves for work each morning, I always ask him if he remembered to take . . . his hand brace, his wallet, his cell phone, his badge, etc. Recently he started getting upset with me for reminding him all the time so I stopped. Well, this morning I get a phone call from him asking me if I would mind running by his office and dropping off his wallet that he forgot! Argh! Men . . can't live with them and can't live without them (or could we?) LOL
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

2. I know exactly what you mean. Gary is alway forgetting his badge (which gets him into all of the buildings at work) or his wallet. He just recently got a cell phone - after years of work and family badgering him to join the modern age! Now he forgets to charge it and then can't remember where he put it! I just don't think men can multi-task. They are very successful at their careers but with day to day stuff they are terrible!

Today I could live without him - he was a little cranky this morning and ticked me off before he went to work. Of course he's oblivious to the fact that he ticked me off!
    Teresa

3. I would have said, "Im not your mother, I cant be running to school every time you forgot your homework!"
    Maybe instead of verbally reminding him, you can gather it the night before and put it all in one pile? lol

lol, Joanne. I know when my DS was deployed for months on end, that I did just fine without him. However, it was more stressful and not as fun! So, I guess we could, but I hated hated taking out the garbage!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

My dh does the same thing. He carries two phones -one is for work only (kind of a walkie talkie type) and his personal cell phone. He forgets to charge one or the other at least once during the week. I bought him a caddy that sits on the counter by the back door for him to throw all of his stuff in. Every morning I check to see if it is empty before he walks out the door. This morning he forgot the keys to unlock the back compartments to his company pickup truck. I called him on his cell and he came back. Luckily he was less than a half mile away! Yes, men are just like having another child.
    Amy

6. Tell me about it. My DH loses his wallet, car keys and wedding ring on a regular basis. I don't even get up to help him find it, but I can usually tell him exactly where it is. All I do is think and use common sense. Go figure. Now he can get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and find his way home no problem but ask him where he set his wallet down ten minutes ago and he would not have the slightest idea. I just don't understand why that man can't put his things down in the same safe spot everyday.

OH, my.....Don't get me started!!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    Joanie

8. I think they are this way because they know they have us to rely on!
    Teresa

What did he say when you pulled up and handed him his wallet?

I don't think he'll ever forget it again, Joanne.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

Ok I have a confession. My dh would like to join this conversation and complain about me! In my house it is me who leaves my phone at home, or forgets to charge it, or leaves my sunglasses on the dresser, or my work badge on the jacket I wore yesterday! The difference is, I can happily live without them until I get home from work. Well, actually, i'm not happy when I leave my sunnies home, but I never ring dh and ask him to bring them to me.
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread