+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Youth football league stuff..and my son's finger

1. Youth football league stuff..and my son's finger

My DS has started playing youth football this year. We've been having some issues with the coaches (not the head coach) being fair with the boys. Each boy has to play 6 plays per game. Well the first game about 5 boys didn't get to play at all, one of which was my son. He was so bummed and we were not happy about it either. So my dh and several other parents had a conversation with the coach. So, last Saturday when they put my son in to play his very FIRST play he got an interception!!! We were so excited. He played a good bit the rest of the game then. He felt like he had proved himself,so that was good. Fast forward to practice Tuesday night...He came home saying he hurt his finger. Thought he jammed it really bad. Well, Wednesday he got home from school and said he wasn't going to practice his finger hurt too bad. So, off to the Dr. we went. He said to go for xrays and he wouldn't be surprised if it was broken, if not it was a very bad sprain. So, Thursday am before work and school I run him to the hospital for xrays. They call Thursday evening and say the end of his finger has the bone chipped. Just continue keeping the splint on, nothing else. Well, Friday night the Dr. calls himself to tell us that after looking at his xray himself he is concerned that there is a fracture into his growth plate in his knuckle. So, he is calling an orthopedic Dr. on Monday and get his opinion if he thinks they need to put pins in my sons finger. So a prayer please that they will make the correct decision for my son's finger to heal properly. Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by stampinmom3; 09-06-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

2. Re: Youth football league stuff..and my son's finger

Oh no. That's not a good way to start the football year off. Not good at all. Good luck!
    The Shackretary

3. Re: Youth football league stuff..and my son's finger

That sounds so painful. I hope it heals fast. I feel for your son. My 7th grader is playing football for the middle school B-Team and there are 50 boys on this team. We had a parent meeting last week, and the head coach told all the parents not to get upset if their son didn't get playing time on the field. They will however be part of the team, practice, learn sportsmanship, learn teamwork, dress out for every game (unless there is a problem like demerits, detention, bad grades, etc) and he said it is totally up to the coaches who plays in the games. I'm o.k. with that to a point. He also said that he wants the player to come to him if he feels he's not getting playing time. He told all parents to wait until the next day after a game to contact him about concerns and not come up to him after a game because he might not be as level headed to talk to.
    Last edited by logcabincreations; 09-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.

4. Re: Youth football league stuff..and my son's finger

Sorry to hear about the finger. Yikes.

+ Reply to Thread