+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm back! Did you miss me?

I'm back! Did you miss me?

Our vacation in the UP of Michigan was wonderful and very relaxing. We actually got home the afternoon of Labor Day since the kids and I had to go back to school/work.

The first day of school was a nightmare! First, my son's school bus never came to pick the kids up in the neighborhood. Some of the moms called the transportation department and they said they would send another bus. The second bus never arrived. My son and others stood at the bus stop from 7:20 to 8:30. (School starts at 8:00.)
    I had to leave work to get my son and take him to school. He was already nervous because he is starting middle school. The poor kid was almost hysterical.

Second, as you know, my school was being renovated during the summer. Well......the Thursday before Labor Day the staff was finally able to get back into the building. When they got in, they realized immediately that my office was broken into.
    My office and the Media Center were not going to be renovated beause they were newly rebuilt four years ago. We were told that we could store things in the Media Center and my office during renovation and they would be secure. Four cabinets were broken into. Items stolen were 6 digital cameras, 2 laptop computers, 3 slide projectors, two telephones, and my computer. The theives also tore into a number of boxes of textbooks and destroyed the books by tearing them apart. Then they knocked over the staff mail boxes and smashed them. They tried to get into the Media Center from my room as well. Fortuantely, they must have been scared off and didn't get in. If they had, it would have been even more disasterous. The police came in and dusted my entire room for fingerprints.

I spent the first two days just trying to clean all the black dust off everything! I had to fill out a report listing everything stolen or destroyed. I included serial numbers, purchase dates, and value of everything stolen or destroyed. Yesterday, the school board notified us that they will reimburse us for the full amount and file the claim with the insurance company. They said it was because of my excellent record keeping that they were able to do so. I should be recieving new textbooks Monday and everything else will be coming within 2-3 weeks.

On the up side, my daughter had a great first day at her school.

So, what have I missed here? I sure missed all of you.
    Amy

2. Re: I'm back! Did you miss me?

Hi Amy!! Welcome back!! Sounds like you had a nice vacation, but sorry about all that nasty school stuff. Hopefully now you can get more back to "normal"....

:-)
    Traci

3. Re: I'm back! Did you miss me?

Hi Amy -- wow what a mess to have to come back to from vacation. Did the bus come the 2nd day of school for your son?

Hi, we did miss you! I have been wondering about school all week and waiting to hear. That really sucks about the break in, but yay you, that they will be able to get it all replaced! Was everything else finished on time?
    Did your son end up liking middle school, after he was able to GET there??
    Glad to hear you had a good trip to Mackinaw.
    Welcome back!

Kathy

Re: I'm back! Did you miss me?

Amy, we did miss you. Glad you have a nice time in the UP. Too bad you had to come back to a nightmare right way too. Hope everything gets better this week for you and the bus.
    Kim

6. Re: I'm back! Did you miss me?

I surely did miss you! So sorry about the mess you came back to. I hope you get your new stuff soon. I sent you an email.

wow what a way to start off the new year!!

I'm glad you had a great trip.

8. Re: I'm back! Did you miss me?

Welcome back, glad the trip was fab but devastated to hear about your office break in ...hope all gets sorted back to normal soon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by logcabincreations View Post
    Did the bus come the 2nd day of school for your son?
    Yes Jan, the bus did come the second day but it was a bit late so the kids didn't get to school until 8:10 am. School starts at 8:00. By the end of the week Ryan was liking everything about middle school. So that's good!
    Amy

+ Reply to Thread