+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am trying to get back into workout mode...

I am trying to get back into workout mode...

Since joining the gym a few months ago I have been up and down about going, but today I got back in it and went to gym and walked on treadmill for 25 minutes. Might have been too long, I usually go for 20 minutes. But it is so great to go. My goal is to go every morning before work (mondays are my day off and my day to get all my errands done for the week), I just have to go to bed earlier and get up earlier...the other tough part is the eating. I seem to be hungry a lot lately and I can't stand it. I don't think it helps that I sit at a desk all day either.
    But I just need to be more committed to my exercise routine.
    Darlene

Re: I am trying to get back into workout mode...

ha! you and me too sistah!
    I was doing really good walking an hour at least 4 days a week, plus pilates and weights, somehow my walks have gotten shorter, there is dust on my weights, and god only knows where my pilate tape is!
    so as of today...I'm going to vow to do better!

Too funny! Must have been a subliminal msg sent out from the Shack board b/c I went back to the gym today too. I don't even know the last time I went but, I walked/ran for 32 mins. and I only did 2 miles!!! It would take me 3 days to do a marathon at that rate. LOL Okay, let's make a pact to keep other going. I need all the help I can get.
    Cathi

4. Re: I am trying to get back into workout mode...

OMG! We just borrowed my MIL's treadmill (it was sitting in their garage un-loved) and I just started using it! Only walked twice, only up to 1 mile and it took 28 minutes to do that. But I use hand weights too.

I'm not real concerned about losing weight (although the love handles would not be missed!) but I just want to FEEL better.

I give you credit...I can't even think about the "E" word!

6. Re: I am trying to get back into workout mode...

I walked 28 minutes again this morning. Went a little faster but not much, about 1 1/4 mile. It will take me awhile to get up to 2 miles like you Cathi, LOL! And you think YOU are slow!

I pre-program mine. There are 8 bars on the "equalizer" for me to set the start up and slow down speeds and everything in between. However long I want to run, it divides it to so many minutes per bar (that's why I have 28 minutes and not an even 30). And I'm using 3 lb. hand weights for now. May eventually get ankle weights too.

How funny is that? We are all on the same page it seems. Well, I am checking in with you girls, cuz I really do need support to keep going lol. I went to the gym yesterday on my day off...yay! And I went again today before work...a little harder...as I got up later than I planned, but I did make it. Just hoping to do the machines tomorrow as I did treadmill both yesterday and today, I need like a good 40-50 minutes to do the machines.

Keep up the great work ladies!
    Darlene

I walked yesterday doe 45 minutes and just managed a walk today..now ii's raining and we are dure for bad storms. so I'm off to craft

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    I walked yesterday doe 45 minutes and just managed a walk today..now ii's raining and we are dure for bad storms. so I'm off to craft
    It's pouring here now, too Cindi...I didnt even know it was going to lol...have my capris on and sandals...
    Darlene

I am checking in today! I went to the gym this morning before work again today...yahoo!!! Today I did the machines! It has been a loooong time since I did the machines, but feel so good afterward. Now if I can only eat right or better lol. How is everyone else doing today?
    Darlene

+ Reply to Thread