+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stamping on food (revisited)

1. Stamping on food (revisited)

I remember posts awhile back about stamping on food. At the time, we discussed inks and the use of stamps. Today, I came across a website that has some really cook cake/cookie/cupcake decorating things and found these markers that use food coloring in them:

http://www.fancyflours.com/site/xdpy...ers/index.html

So do you suppose if you bought these pens and bought a brand new stamp to be only used for food, that you could color the stamp with these pens and stamp them on icing or cookies?

I'm thinking these food color pens would be great for you mom's who bake those cut-out Christmas cookies with the kidlets. You could let them use the markers to color them!

Oh, and this site has some really cool cupcake wrappers and decorations and stuff. Now I want a cupcake.....

Re: Stamping on food (revisited)

I bet you could get these at michaels or joanns in their baking section! these are cute!1
    Christine

6 10 12 22 26 40 41 55 69

We had color your own cookies when I worked at the farm. The kids really liked them but the cookies tasted really bad.

I remember we tried to make our own cookies but they just did not seem to work as well as the ones that came with the markers.

It is worth a try though.

I think it would work to stamp with them if you used a really heavy hard icing. I think it's called fondant. Also, if you really cleaned your stamps well you could use stamps you already have as long as they aren't stained.

Wood mounted stamps are not food safe. They have to be unmounted rubber only washed in antibacterial soap.
    Sweet Stampen makes rubber stamps specifically for stamping on food.

www.sweetstampen.com
    Mary

+ Reply to Thread