+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

I have seen several cards in the Gallery where you have used Bic Markers. I saw them in the store. What makes them special? Do you like them? Do I "need" them??? (I have NO room for another type of coloring device...)

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

Ummmm....haven't noticed these.....I, too, need NO more coloring pens/markers.....I certainly hope this isn't something I'll be driven to need....peer pressure you know!
    LOL
    Joanie

ok, I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell they are alcohol based..like prisma & copics..but way cheaper. so if you like those types of markers, and want to add to your collection. then you may want to check them out

Nancy, I played with a set at work (my coworker brought them in). They're just like Sharpies, but DELICIOUS colors! She bought her set at Walgreens for $15, I believe. It was a set of 24 markers. I HAVE to have these (I don't own Sharpies). If I had a choice between Sharpies and Bic markers, I'd buy the Bic markers. I doodled on a sheet of overhead transparency and I LOVED them!

Think of coloring on dominoes, or coloring in an image that was stamped on glossy cardstock. Yummy!
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

5. Re: Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

I bought a set of 36 at Target for about $20 and love them! Good variety of colors and they'll definitely make do until I can save the $$ for Copics

6. Re: Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

If you already own a wide selection of Copics, then don't worry too much about it. I bought the Sharpie pack when they were on sale at Target. I didn't realize the bics were on sale too. They color beautifully, but I still find myself reaching for the copics. I like the tips on the copics better, but I have gotten great results with the sharpies and work well with the Copic blender.

I have a couple of them and a ton of Sharpies. They are pretty much the same, but the BIC's have better colors and are way cheaper.
    Karen

....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau

I just refuse, refuse to pay the high price for Copics, so I was thrilled to find the Bics and Sharpies at Target!

They have a lovely selection of colors and I think they color beautifully.

I have even used them to shade images that I've colored with water-based markers, too!
    Annette

(Bugga in OK)

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." Desiderata

i just got them because i don't love the way the tombows leave icky color lines. and i love prismas but they are so much. it's kind of a happy medium.

{click above for my craft blog!}

I bought these markers when they were on sale at target. I like them but then again I don't have anything to compare them to as I don't own anything else. Prior to the markers I was using color pencils. I found this link that compares Bic Markers to Copic
    My cards don't come out as nice as this - but I'm still practicing.

http://afterhoursstamper.blogspot.co...e-results.html
    Margaret

+ Reply to Thread