+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Time :)

1. Re: Suggestion Time :)

Like someone else mentioned, basically the net is swamped with challenges! Blogs, other forums, you name it. I even tried a weekly Monday Mania Challenge on my blog. Today was my 9th one, and the whole time I only had 2 takers. I doubt I'll take the time to come up with any more - there's just toooo many other bloggers out there doing the same type of thing. And me personally - I spend too much time surfing and not enough time stamping. I used to be a challenge junkie (like sketches and color combos the best) but I rarely do them anymore. Mostly lack of mojo here lately though.

As for this site - one thing that I used to take part in on another forum that eventually died is virtual stamping parties in the chat room. It was a blast - we had games, virtual stamping challenges, trivia contests, scavengar hunts in the gallery. You could do a morning one and an evening one. Maybe once/month or every other month. You'd need 2-3 hosts to keep it running smoothly. And started a new game/challenge every 15 minutes. They're very fast paced and a lot of fun!

Re: Suggestion Time :)

I like the swaps here- I like the Bingo (I won last time-yea)! Also enjoyed the Awards but I do feel I have anything to offer to a Creative Team but I like to look at the challenges altho didn't do them very often- Monthly would be great.

I like the Shack as it is- I love the gallery and swap board. The Creative teams have all been awesome! Maybe after the holidays!

I think the idea of a monthly "focus" is a great one- I enjoyed the challenges as much for their targetting of a specific technique or style as for the challenge itself. Perhaps a creative team with a monthly input might be less scary to commit to? It also might be nice to have an advanced and a beginner level to the challenges or monthly focus, so that everyone has something to aspire to as well as something they can achieve. I was a bit scared to volunteer for the creative team, as I don't have oodles of time to spare, and I haven't been stamping for that long, so I didn't know how much I could offer, although I liked the idea of volunteering!!

Love the games and bingo and survivor.

I also miss the blue ribbon awards. Perhaps a separate team to vote on the blue ribbons? I love looking through the gallery to see what catches my eye, and I often do a "double take"!!
    Lisa Sparkle

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps

I, too, love the Shack as it is. I didn't participate in the challenges very often, and like the rest, I don't feel qualified. We have many ladies who are so creative. After the first of the year, I bet there will be some who will challenge us to do some things.

I love bingo and survivor.

Sherry, you do a great job for us and we appreciate you very much.
    Michelle

I loved the Creative team challenges, and participated often. I do miss them. I used them as a launch point for many of the birthdays and other cards I make. A Shack Funday once a month would work well for me, I'd be happy to host the occasional challenge.
    Thankyou Sherry for everything you do to keep us happy and connected with our inspirational friends everyday
    Sarah

I enjoyed looking at the wonderful creations of the creative team and those who met the challenge, but like so many others, I didn't feel "qualified". I would love a monthly challenge, funday, or virtual swap/challenge like we did for WCMD. I lOVE the gallery, and think the awards were great. I do miss looking for those. Survivor and Bingo are fun too. I don't think there is anything I don't like about the Shack. You are doing a fabulous job, Sherri, and it is greatly appreciated.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

7. Re: Suggestion Time :)

Sherry- I LOVE the SHACK! You do such a great job! Like so many of the others I would do the challenges when I could. Monthly challenges sound good to me though.

8. Re: Suggestion Time :)

I'd like to see a monthly challenge. I was thinking maybe we could pitch the idea to some of our awesome stamp company members. Each of them could feature their products here for a month and at the end of the month we could have some kind of challenge using the host companies products. They may donate the prizes for our end of the month contests or maybe they could make a small donation to the shack to expand the bandwidth?
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    I'd like to see a monthly challenge. I was thinking maybe we could pitch the idea to some of our awesome stamp company members. Each of them could feature their products here for a month and at the end of the month we could have some kind of challenge using the host companies products. They may donate the prizes for our end of the month contests or maybe they could make a small donation to the shack to expand the bandwidth?

I like your idea, Teresa. Like, get company design teams to come up with challenges, make samples, run contests, and generally do the hard work. I love it! Design Teams have the resources to do it and it's good promotion for the company. There are lots of DT members in the Shack that have connections. And, the lure of winning a prize might encourange more people to participate in the challenges.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

I have only participated in maybe 2 challenges, maybe cause of the time crunch I am always in, but once a month would be a great way to feel more part of this community on a slightly bigger basis.

And I must add with my time being even more crunched I might not have an opinion after all, just a couple of cents
    Marie
    Kreative Blog

When I stand before God at the end of my life,
    I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left,
    and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
    - Erma Bombeck

+ Reply to Thread