+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

1. Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

I was craving a pumpkin pie blizzard from Dairy Queen but was just too lazy to get dressed and go get one. I searched through my pantry and found ingredients to make my own. It turned out so fabulous that we had them for dessert again tonight. These are best made and consumed right away as, if they sit too long, the cookie wafers become soft and mushy.

Here's what I used:

20 Nilla Wafers
    4-5 Scoops of good quality Vanilla Ice Cream, well frozen.
    1 Cup Cold Pumpkin Pie Filling (the one with spices added, not pure pumpkin)
    Whipped Cream (I used canned)

In a food processor, grind up the vanilla wafers into medium sized chunks. Add ice-cream and pumpkin pie filling. Blend until well combined. If the mixture is too soft, place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden up again. Keep in mind that the longer the mixture sits, the softer the cookies will become (I like mine crunchy). Top with whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.

Serves 2-4

YUM-OH!

My blizzard (in this photo) ended up being too soft because I used room temperature pumpkin pie filling and ice-cream that had just endured a 15 minute trip home from the store. Chill your pie filling first . I just popped my blizzard into the freezer for 15 minutes and it came out perfect. MMmmm.
    Last edited by Sherry; 10-16-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

OMG your my hero!!!

I'm totally making some of this! I want one so bad but I don't want to get dressed and go out! lol

3. Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

I may try this for Thanksgiving dinner.

4. Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

OMG that sounds so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

This sounds wonderful- mail me some down here! Oh wait the ice cream would melt.
    I may have to try this soon!

6. Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

Oh Sherry - this sounds sooooooooooooooooooo yummy! Will definitely be making my own....
    The Shackretary

Wow Sherry! That sounds delish! You come up with the best treat ideas!

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

8. Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

mmmmm sounds goo....with gas prices we need more ideas like this to keep us at home...lol

9. Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

Yea Sherry! With the nearest DQ 400 miles away this will certainly make it possible to give this favorite a try. THANKS so much for sharing your creative talents!

Wink Re: Mock Pumpkin Pie Blizzard - Oh yeah!

Holy Cow Sherry. I am reading this and already my pants are getting too tight.

I have never had a DQ pumpkin blizzard. By the sound of it I may have to try one.

Great, then I will have guilt!

Teresa

+ Reply to Thread