+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried this method of storing unmounted stamps?

Has anyone tried this method of storing unmounted stamps?

Check out this site. Has anyone tried it? Looks interesting!

http://www.storemorestamps.com/

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: Has anyone tried this method of storing unmounted stamps?

This is similar to Sunday International plastic boxes with sleeves of stamps in them. The plastic boxes are expensive but I really like the see through effect and you can label each box on the end. They look good on a shelf. - Nancy

never heard of it. is there a website I can see it on?

I checked your link....these definitely look interesting, since I seem to be collecting many more unmounteds and clears than I used to own!
    Joanie

I have this system and love it. I can organize by subject or company with stamps on the front and tuck pictures of the stamps in the back side. The front side is clear to hold the stamps. I keep mine in a basket not the boxes. I found the box just didn't hold many pages when filled.The pages hold quite a few stamps depending on their size.I really like being able to keep the basket close and just grab a sleeve when needed. The company is great to work with and delivers quickly. I know there are many good companies out there, but this one works great for me.
    Konnie

This is very similar to one of the systems I use. I get 3" binders and clear page protectors. I scan my stamps and put these scans on one side of a plastic sheet and then place the stamps on the other side of that same sheet. If the stamps are clear or cling foam mounted they just stick to the slick side of the plastic. If they were to be wood block mounted like SU I will stick the clear block label to the back of the stamp and use rubber cement to adhere them to the plastic sheet. I get the plastic sheets from a plastic distributor locally. They store very nicely on a shelf and don't take of gobs of room.
    Attached Images
    Happy Trails,
    Loretta

I have been using my CM Binder and pocket pages. It works great for the loose unmounted's like my bella's and charlie's... I do like how many you can cram on the sheets though! That seems like a better storage solution!

8. Re: Has anyone tried this method of storing unmounted stamps?

I don't use that system, but I do use those White Storage Boards. and a 3 ring Notebook. (I have a zippered one). I put them on both sides of the Storage boards.
    This way I can get more in the notebook.

I also have a Sto-rite Storage Notebook. Which is nice. But a little expensive in my eyes. You can only store about pages and store them on one side of the board.

And I also store all my Clear Stamps in a 9x9 Scrapbook Album. Look at the photo's

CD's at one time worked great for me. But not anymore.
    Attached Images

I just have mine in a plastic box now, but I was thinking along the lines of Lorretta. Why not adhere them to a transparency and tuck that into a page protector and a 3 ring binder? The systems look nice, but I'm frugal and already have the other supplies. Great idea. Maybe I'll get my rubber stamps organized yet!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

I looked at it, but think it is far too expensive and what I use now is way cheapier and similar in some ways.

I want more $$ for the stamps, not what I store them in. LOL
    Karen

....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread