+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canola Oil

Re: Canola Oil

I use Canola oil or Safflower oil when I need a high temp, light colored, low flavor oil, for the very occasional frying or for baking.

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for almost all of my cooking (outside of rare frying or baking).....sauteeing, stir frying, almost anything.

I use ghee (essentially clarified butter.....all the milk solids and consequently, milk proteins, casein, which my son cannot have, are pulled out) for anything that would traditionally require butter.....eggs, baking, mashed potatoes, toast, etc..

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

hmmm--now I"m confused--google said the word canola comes from "canadian oil"--sounded like it was all synthetic--not the same as the other oils---they never mentioned a little yellow plant--but they did talk about the rape seed and it's poisonous nature. I will have to go back there and try to read more.

3. Re: Canola Oil

I use Canola oil for cooking. I also use EVO for certain dishes.
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

4. Re: Canola Oil

I use canola oil, cause mom always told me it was better than vegetable oil for you! :]
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

I switched to Canola oil after my DH had his heart attack on the recommendation of the Dr.
    Mary

Please never use Olive oil for brownies or cakes itt's nasty! I know from exprience!
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

OT: Jovita...EVOO? You must be a Rachael Ray fan! :> It drives DH nuts when I say EVOO, but it is faster! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

8. Re: Canola Oil

Canola oil is safe and healthy, contrary to the urban myth that it is poisonous or whatever. Check out this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola

+ Reply to Thread