+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canola Oil

Canola Oil

Not sure where this belongs--but how many use it? Pls keep in mind the kitchen is not my fav. room. I can do anything with a potato (I"m Irish)--but after that I have questions. Soooo, I ran out of veg oil and wanted to make brownies. I asked some of my cooking friends if they ever used Olive Oil--variety of answers but it led to discussing all the diff kinds of oil. Canola came up and I asked what is a canola. No one knew. I figured if we knew where peanut oil, olive oil, etc came from, what about Canola. Sooo--I googled it,. I don't think I'll ever buy it or use it. I didn't like what I read. Does anyone know about it???

Re: Canola Oil

well know i'm curious...off to google it...

{click above for my craft blog!}

no clue...go ahead & educate us on it.

4. Re: Canola Oil

I use canola oil most of the time for all cooking/baking except occasional olive oil. But if you tell us what you found out, I could be persuaded to change...lol

5. Re: Canola Oil

I have to replace all butter and soya oil from my little girl food and the Canola oil is what is most recommand by dietician. The tast is less strong then olive oil. If you do a cake it gonna tast olive oil but with canola it will be better. It's better for health and brain development then most of other kind of oil according to them! I don't know if it helps.
    Pascale

Summer bingo 2011 words numbers
    2. 4.8.9.13.15.20.21.31.33.34.35.44.46.51.52.57.63.67.68.77.78.80.84.85.

My blog

6. Re: Canola Oil

I have always heard that canola oil is better for you than vegetable oil. I use it in place of vegetable oil all the time. never noticed a difference.
    Traci

Well, I'll stick with my Extra Virgin Olive...Canola comes from the Rape seed, mustard family, highly toxic plant...When made into oil it is processed and refined, but there is always the knowledge of the toxins?
    Karen

....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    I have always heard that canola oil is better for you than vegetable oil. I use it in place of vegetable oil all the time. never noticed a difference.
    You are totally correct Traci.
    Actually Canola Oil is a vegetable oil.
    Vegetable Oil is a generic term and often includes oil from many different plants. IE Corn, Peanuts, Soybean, Safflower, Sunflower, Rape Seed etc.

Canola Oil has been highly recommended by doctors as a replacement for the older vegetable oils that most of us use for cooking.

The idea that it contains toxins is an "urban myth" - just look it up on the Snopes site and you can read all about it.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Interesting thread. I use canola oil for cooking when I don't want the flavor of olive oil. I sometimes use butter. I don't use any margarine, shortening, or vegetable oil.

I use canola oil. Canola plants grow in the fields near my MILs house. they are yellow. It's big business and farmers in Australia grow it
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread