+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Cheap detergent vs. expensive

I am such a penny pincher and always buy the cheap laundry detergent. I was wondering what you all do. Do you think that the cheap stuff works just as well as the expensive stuff. I got a free sample of Tide in the mail and used it today to wash my sheets and boy does it smell good!! I never notice my cheap stuff smelling that good. I do use Downy fabric softner, thanks to Angie I think. Anyway, just wondering what you all think.

Re: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

I use Tide also. I tried the cheaper ones in my washer, but they make too many suds and I have to rinse and spin them a second or third time. So for me, it's cheaper to buy the good stuff.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

I splurge on Tide laundry soap, but buy it when it's on sale. I find it gets my clothes cleaner than the cheap stuff. But that's just me. There are a few things I buy name brands on and thats one. The other is Cascade dishwasher soap. I find it does a better job. Good question.

el cheapo here! lol
    although I do try to keep a small bottle of the good stuff around in case I want to wash something I don't think the cheap stuff will get out, but for day to day washing it;s the cheap stuff

oh ya, I do use dryer sheets too, and after reading an email about dryer fires, I scrub my lint filter about every 3 months

5. Re: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

I'm allergic to Tide (and so is my husband). I use Arm & Hammer and it is usually a good price. I use the same brand dryer sheets.

6. Re: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

I use Purex, works just fine for me and it's cheaper than other brands. I use Walmart brand liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets. Yeah, I'm el-cheapo too!

7. Re: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

Hmm, dh is allergic to lots of laundry soaps (or so he tells me) so I pretty much use all or Cheer. I stock up when they are on sale & use coupons If he wasn't allergic, I'm sure I'd try some of the cheaper ones. It's not like any of us get our clothes that dirty. We are not outdoorsy types AT ALL!!

As far as the smell, you get used to whatever you use & won't smell it after a while. I would never change just for the smell. that being said; I do love the smell of the orignal scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner thingie. I don't particularly like the "spa" scent one. I'm seriously consindering buying the more expensive (just 'cause it's not a 2 pack) orignial 'cause I like the smell so much better!!

The dermatologist tells me to only use Cheer-Free-no fabric softner, no dryer sheets. Before that I usually by Tide, I have bought cheaper but feel I have to use more therefore not really saving much- so I splurge on the better- the Cheer Free has made a difference with my skin (yea) and I was surprised about the dryer sheets etc... but I don't use those now either.

9. Re: Cheap detergent vs. expensive

I use Purex without any smell in it and the new Bounce fragrance free and only use a small part of each sheet. It's more a matter of my "nose" then a matter of money. To wash in the house I use Vinager for my windows and Hertel for the rest of the stuff... In fact my goal is not to trigger my sinus that are very fussy...
    Pascale

Summer bingo 2011 words numbers
    2. 4.8.9.13.15.20.21.31.33.34.35.44.46.51.52.57.63.67.68.77.78.80.84.85.

My blog

I'm a Tide gal - and always have been.
    But I've use Walmart brand dishwasher detergent because it was a recommended "Best Buy" in the Consumers report magazine, and it is way cheaper than the other brands.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

+ Reply to Thread