1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 cup currants, if desired

Glaze Ingredients:

1 cup powdered sugar
    1 to 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES™ Fat Free Half & Half or milk

Heat oven to 375°F. Combine butter and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, 1/4 cup half & half and egg yolk; continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in all remaining scone ingredients except currants until well mixed. Stir in currants, if desired.

Drop rounded 1/4 cupfuls of dough evenly onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and scones are set. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack.

Combine powdered sugar and enough half & half in small bowl for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over warm or cooled scones.

Don't these sound delish!??!?!?!??!
    The Shackretary

Re: Pumpkin Scones

I love pumpkin scones. I just cut into a whole pumpkin last night. I cannot believe you buy pumpkin in a can! is it mushy, or chunks , or what?
    I'll give your recipe a try.
    Sarah

3. Re: Pumpkin Scones

Sounds yummo! Sarah - Can you buy canned pumpking in Australia? Canned pumpkin is smooth and thin consistency kind of like tomato soup. Maybe not as thin, but close.

I've never seen pumpkin in a can. But I do have a stick blender that I can make mine smooth with. That's what I use for my pumpkin and apple soup
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    I've never seen pumpkin in a can. But I do have a stick blender that I can make mine smooth with. That's what I use for my pumpkin and apple soup
    Really? Here not only do we have plain pimpkin, but you can get it with spices already in it for use in a pie! I do like to cook up fresh pumpkin and put it through a food mill though.

Kathy

I would have thought you'd be over-run with real live pumpkins this time of year. i keep seeing photos of kids in pumpkin patches!
    Sarah

We are over run with pumpkins! But it's too easy to buy it in the can!!!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

8. Re: Pumpkin Scones

Pumpkins won't grow here due to our short growing season. Because they weigh so much they are very expensive here. I saw some large pumpkins at the store-I would not call them extremely large but they were $79.!!!! I can not image paying that much for a large pumpkin. Tracey you can buy lots of cans of pumpkin for that price!

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Pumpkins won't grow here due to our short growing season. Because they weigh so much they are very expensive here. I saw some large pumpkins at the store-I would not call them extremely large but they were $79.!!!! I can not image paying that much for a large pumpkin. Tracey you can buy lots of cans of pumpkin for that price!
    oh my goodness!!!! I would put up with canned pumpkin at that price! Jan, do you miss out on lots of fresh food because of your climate?
    Sarah

10. Re: Pumpkin Scones

$79 for a pumpkin? WOW, that is insane. I paid $6 for each of mine that are outside
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread