+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Slice"

"The Slice"

Do you have it? Do you like it? Inquiring minds need to know!

Deborah.

Re: "The Slice"

Hi Deborah!

I just wanted to share this thread. We were discussing the Slice about a week or so ago.

Personally, since I already own several die-cutting systems, the Slice is not superbly better than any other portable system out there. I am not enticed to buy one.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

Thanks for pointing that out Ethel.

I don't own a Cricut, and was seriously considering buying one till the Slice showed up here. I'm not a scrap-booker, so the Cricut just felt like it was too much machine and too much cash for how I'd be using it.

I bought the Slice today. It's not at our Michaels here, mores the pity, but I bought it at our LSS, with a nice little 20% discount. Looking forward to playing with it this weekend!
    Last edited by Deborah; 11-08-2008 at 12:22 AM.

4. Re: "The Slice"

I think you'll really like it Deborah. Even tho my boss bought one (and every cartridge currently available), I'm thinking I might want one too. I'm a back-slid scrapbooker but never been a huge die cut fan. But, there are ALOT of options with this machine. There is some real basic info on you tube .

Please share what you do w/your machine!!

Oooohhh, i LOVE it! This little thing cuts like a DREAM. I've been playing all day. I've cut enough flourishes for the next six months (lol). I might even work them into something passable!

Have also cut dozens and dozens of different shapes, really like those results too.

I have to say though, I'm really not impressed with how the fonts cut. Maybe it's an "operator-needs-practice" issue, so I'll keep trying. I'm curious to heaar what others think about how the fonts cut...anybody?

It's a FUN wee tool!

Deborah.

+ Reply to Thread