+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acetate question

Acetate question

You know when you get clear stamps, and you tear the backing of what the stamp was stamped to. Is that acetate?

Where do you purchase acetate?
    shelley

2. Re: Acetate question

http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-sup...-and-acetates/

You may know it better as OHP film or overhead projection film but this link does sell it and im pretty sure joanna does freeshipping internaionally too .

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Acetate question

You can buy acetate at any office supply store. Acetate and transparency sheets are pretty much the same thing. I think one might be thicker but not sure of that.

Re: Acetate question

I usually get the write on transparency film at the office supply store. You can purchase true acetate from www.grafix.com in varying thicknesses.
    Happy Trails,
    Loretta

5. Re: Acetate question

Some acetate is made for copy machines and printers that use heat...and therefore can be heated with a heatgun but others will not accept heat. The price difference is a lot.
    The film that stores your stamps is generally thiner than sheet one buys. But I often recycle the clear packaging material that often covers new items when you buy them-generally it is very think but can not be heated.

6. Re: Acetate question

I use the transparency film you put in copiers (it's thinner and has a fuzzy film on one side and is a bit yellower than regular acetate). I get it free so it fit's my needs.

I prefer true acetate because it is much thicker, clearer and doesn't have a yellowish or grayish tint.

Kerry

7. Re: Acetate question

I ordered my acetate from TAC. It is thin though, so it limits what I can do with it.

8. Re: Acetate question

I got mine from the office supplier store. They had 2 kinds, one you could print on and/or use regular pens for marking on. It was REALLY expensive ($35??) but I don't know what it looked like or how thick it was 'cause I didn't buy it. LOL

What I did buy was much cheaper ($18 for 100 sheets!) but it needs to have bic/sharpie markers. I love using it for all sorts of things. I still have tons of it left!!!

+ Reply to Thread