Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Favorite Christmas cookie??

1. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

Rich Butter Wafers

1 cup butter, room temp
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg, room temp
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups Soft as Silk flour (by Betty Crocker)
    1/4 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt, mix well. Grease cookie sheet. Drop by teaspoons and add sprinkles to each. Bake at 375 10 minutes
    The Shackretary

2. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

Pecan Crescents

1/2 cup butter
    2 Tablespoon sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup pecans, chopped fine
    7/8 cup flour
    Powdered sugar

Beat butter and sugar till creamy. Add vanilla, beat well. In separate bowl, mix pecans and flour. Stir that into wet mixture.
    Roll in 1" balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 300 for 30 minutes.
    While still warm, sprinkle in powdered sugar till all white.

makes 25
    The Shackretary

Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

All these recipes, sound yummy!
    shelley

4. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

These all sound so good! I think I am having an even harder time deciding ha ha ha... I guess I'll have to make a bunch! THanks everyone...
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

5. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

My favorite Christmas cookies are Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies... I think that's what they are called.
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

6. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

Here's a yummy and easy - no bake - cookie. I first discovered these for a holiday cookie swap and was a little skeptical about making them but they are so yummy and every year they win a prize. The husband of one of my girl friends refers to them as 'Mother Teresa's' whenever he wants her to make them!

Ingredients:

Peanut Butter

Ritz Crackers

12 oz. bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

4 oz. White chocolate (either chips or the Wilton candy making circles)

Cooking Paraffin

Put peanut butter between two ritz cracks (like you are making a sandwich). Dip in melted chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate has cooled.

Melted chocolate - Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate) in microwave with 1 square of paraffin wax. I melt mine in 30 second intervals, stirring until completely melted. Be careful not to over melt or chocolate will burn.

White chocolate - I melt 4 oz. of white chocolate with 1/2 of a paraffin bar. Once melted I drizzle on the top of the cookies. You can add food coloring to make red and green decorations as well.

These cookies taste just like the chocolate covered peanut butter Girl Scout cookies.

The first year Evan was teaching his school had an 'all male bake-off' fundraiser. He entered and he made a large brownie and used 10x sugar and a checker board template to make the top of the brownie look like a checkerboard. He made two batches of these cookies - one with dark chocolate and one with the red candy making circles. He placed the cookies on the brownie like a checker board and won first place, best tasting, and best in show! He had a basket of the small ritz crackers and cheese that he dipped in chocolate as samples.

I also make these using a can of white frosting instead of peanut butter. I add peppermint extract to the frosting and they taste like the Girl Scout peppermint pattie cookies!
    Teresa

7. Re: Favorite Christmas cookie??

I love the cookies that you make with saltines.
    oven 350
    line large cookies sheet with tin foil
    place salties on sheet touching
    melt 2 sticks of butter with 2 cups of brown sugar
    pour on saltines
    put in oven for 5 min
    take out and add a bag of choc chips
    put in oven for 30 seconds
    take out and spread with spatula evenly
    add choped nuts and place in the fridge
    break apart like peanut brittle

They are so yummy and child friendly