+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need an easy but impressive appetizer recipe for tomorrow night ...

1. I need an easy but impressive appetizer recipe for tomorrow night ...

DH's boss is hosting a holiday party tomorrow night and DH just told me that everyone needs to bring an appetizer. I'm the queen of appetizers but everything I suggested to DH tonight has been turned down! Do any of you have any suggestions?
    Teresa

Re: I need an easy but impressive appetizer recipe for tomorrow night ...

Sliced kielbasa, various cheeses and crackers? May not be glamorous, but I know it would be popular!!!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

some of my faves are spinach artichoke dip, crab dip, clam dip..ok can you tell I love dip?
    or there is always cocktail meatballs, or

mini crab puffs..I use the premade frozen phillo cups and fill with crab dip, sprinkle a little paprika on top for color. if any of those float your boat let me know and if ypu need a recipe I'll share

I LOVE spinach balls. Not exactly healthy, but oh so tasty!

If you are looking for something more manly -- I have a terrific recipe (easy peasy) for beer dip (uses velveeta and cream cheese and garlic and BEER!) in a bread bowl. Let me know if you'd like the recipe. Unlike Cindi, I'm NOT a dip person, but I LOVE this one!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

These things are wonderful.....anyone who I've made them for loves them and they can easily be doubled or tripled.

Parmesan Bites
    1- 8 oz package Cream Cheese, softened
    1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
    2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
    1 chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup parsley

Preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese until well blended.
    Roll out the rolls and seperate into 8 rectangles pressing the perforations together to seal.
    Spread your cheese mix on top of each rectangle evenly.
    Top with bell pepper and parsley.
    Fold up to close.
    With pizza cutter, cut into equal sizes sealing the cut ends when done.
    Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake 13-15 mins or until golden brown.

How about Traci's Apple Brickle Dip to be used with apples. I made it last week for the seniors that were at my house and they loved it. In fact, they wanted me to make another batch since I still had some apples.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

7. Re: I need an easy but impressive appetizer recipe for tomorrow night ...

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'd really like the mini crab puff, spinach balls, & beer dip recipes. If DH doesn't approve them for tomorrow night I think I will serve them at our holiday open house next Sunday. They sound yummy.

DH's boss is hosting this party for his senior staff members and spouses. Up until Tuesday the party was going to be held at a nice area restaurant. DH brought home an invitation saying it is now at his bosses house and for everyone to bring an appetizer and a grab bag gift.

I wanted to make my chicken wing dip (which is always gone within the first 15 minutes of serving it) but DH told me none of them 'eat these kind of things'. I asked if he wanted me to make a granola and yogurt dip and he gave me the deer in the headlight look. He suggested chicken wings but I'm thinking that the hosts will serve chicken wings and shrimp cocktail. Of course he could ask his boss (who is a close friend) or ask his colleagues what they are bringing so that everyone doesn't show up with the same thing but that would be too easy!

I've had two of the worst travel days of my 21 year career (I'll try to share that story tomorrow as I'm too tired right now) and I don't really want to worry about what to bring to this darn party!
    Teresa

8. Re: I need an easy but impressive appetizer recipe for tomorrow night ...

Christie - your recipe sound yummy too. Joanne - I hadn't thought about the apple dip. I've been reading your responses to DH and now he's hungry
    Teresa

sorry you've had a rough week.
    I mkae the mini crab puffs like this

1 package cream cheese softened
    1 container crab meat ( I think it;s 6 oz.) from the seafood dept. at the grocery store
    2 tsp grated onion
    1 clove minced garlic
    2tsp worstershire sauce
    a little black pepper
    beat the cream cheese, onion, garlic, worstershire sause and pepper together until smooth. fold in the crab meat.
    but 2 packages of the frozen phillo cups. fill the cups and bake them at 375 for a5 minutes or until heated through.
    these are yummy..make a double batch!

Beer Dip

8 oz velveeta
    8 oz cream cheese room temp
    garlic powder
    beer

Cream cheeses. Add beer to make it dipping consistency. Add garlic powder to taste.

Hollow out a round loaf of rye or pumpernickel. Surround the hollowed out loaf with the pieces of bread, fill loaf with cheese dip. This is really, really good!

+ Reply to Thread