+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Challenge- Using Funky fibres

Challenge- Using Funky fibres

remember funky fibres???
    They were all the rage a while back. They are like fancy yarns with great textures. You might be like me, bought a tonne, have heaps left over from your knitting projects and they are sitting there taking up valuable "real estate" in your craft space..
    My challenge is to create a project using fibres somewhere. They are great for tags and for bookmarks, fun in place of ribbon, and make great seaweed, hair and a million other things on our stamping projects.
    I'm attaching a photo of some of my stash of fibres, incase you don't know what am talking about- and also to convince myself that now is the time to "use it or lose it!"

If you make anything inspired by this challenge please put a photo in the gallery and then come back to this message and tell us all about it. You can do this anytime- no time limit, just a little seed to get your Creative juices flowing in 2009.

GO!!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by loobylou; 01-06-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: add pics
    Sarah

Re: Challenge- Using Funky fibres

I know I brought this topic up the other day, and that thread is the one where Jan and I discussed how fun it would be to do challenges again.
    I just looked at my photo of my fibres- I think I need Fibre intervention therapy! Yikes, that's a lot of fibres. I am determined to use what I have or recycle/give away to a good cause this year. I hope you will join me in the "purge" by finding creative ways to use up your pretty stuff.
    By the way, I just tossed my fibres out on the coffee table to take the photo, I usually store them in a tin, in a drawer (out of sight, out of mind). Having them all out together showed me the magnitude of my "stash".
    Last edited by loobylou; 01-06-2009 at 06:43 AM.
    Sarah

I have so many fibers-no one much uses them now.
    I will take you up on this challenge-this weekend I will post a new creation.
    Thanks for reminded me about all of this "stuff" in several drawers.

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps

I have a ton of that stuff myself. I'll see what I can do for the challenge.
    Michelle

Mine is all in a basket I got from an SS once, and out on my table so I have no excuse! I love fiber, have lots of it and yet a friend pointed out to me once when I told her how much I love my fiber, "but you always use ribbon. I didn't think you liked fiber". Excellent challenge as these all are.

Kathy

6. Re: Challenge- Using Funky fibres

Oh I love my fibers...I love all the wonderful textures. I love the lush colors. Perhaps it is time to enjoy some more on cards!

If you post a swap, count me in as I always seem to be missing the ones I like to get into. I have an idea - better yet I better learn to operate the camera I got for the holiday. - Nancy

I think I'm ahead of the curve here, I went with the use it or lose it thing a while ago. I gave away all but just a couple of pieces of my fibers. I'll see if I can incorporate what's left into a project. Great challenge.

ok, Sarah..I took your challenge.
    here is an atc I made using funky fibers.

Cindi m your fibres look fab on your ATCs.. I hadn't thought to use them around an ATC.
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread