+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: we need a prayer request... this one is really bad here.

we need a prayer request... this one is really bad here.

We really need anyone here who prays to please pray for my Sisters Brother-in-law. Let me start off by saying he is one of the nicest people you could ever know and would give you the shirt off of his back if you need it more than him.

Last night him and his wife were on the way to our house for dinner. It was about 5pm. We got a call at about 5:10 from Norm(the BIL) He was in an accident and had hit a snowmobile. We all ran out the door and headed to the accident.

It was bad, really, really bad. It was one of the worst accidents I have seen in a long time. The driver of the snowmobile was 15 and he had a 20 year old relitive on with him. Neither of them had helmets on and it's a law you have to have them here in Michigan.

Norm was only going about 25 because the roads are all snow covered here. The snowmobile never stopped at a stop sign and just came right out in front of him. There was nothing he could do to not hit them.

We found out this morning that the 15 year old died last night. The 20 year old was not hurt because he had jumped off just befor the truck hit. We also found out that they are from our town here, Reading.

This is a copy of the story from the local radio web site:

A snowmobile accident late yesterday afternoon in southern Branch County took the life of a teenager from Reading while another teen was seriously injured in a sledding accident, also in California Township. The snowmobile crash happened shortly after 5 p.m. on south Ray-Quincy Road at Copeland Road. The Sheriff’s Department said 15-year old Alex Gary was westbound on Copeland when he suddenly accelerated and ran the stop sign, into the path of a pickup truck that was northbound on Ray-Quincy. A passenger, 20-year old Wesley Gary, jumped off the machine just prior to impact and escaped injury. Alex Gary was transferred to Parkview Hospital in Ft. Wayne, where he died late last night. The pick up was driven by an Angola man, who escaped injury.

2. Re: we need a prayer request... this one is really bed here.

Oh Chris! I'm sure he is very distraught but he must know it wasn't his fault. Is there a pastor or counselor he could speak to? I will definitely pray for your sister's brother-in-law and the family of the teenager.

Re: we need a prayer request... this one is really bed here.

Such a tragedy!
    I hope your BIL will be able to accept that this wasn't his fault! Hugs and Prayers!
    Joanie

oh that is so sad. i'm so sorry.

{click above for my craft blog!}

Prayers are going up! I am sorry your family has to go through this.

OMG! Certainly. I will say prayers for your sister's BIL and for the family of the young man who lost his life.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

7. Re: we need a prayer request... this one is really bed here.

So sad...and my heartfelt condolences go the family for their loss. Prayers for all xx

Oh Chris, this is so tragic. I will add both of the families to my prayer list.
    Cathi

Prayers for everyone.
    shelley

So sorry to hear about this. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Keeping you all in my prayers.

+ Reply to Thread