+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a good garlic bread recipe??

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Anyone have a good garlic bread recipe??

I'm looking for a good garlic bread recipe....anyone have one they would like to share with me?

2. Re: Anyone have a good garlic bread recipe??

I just buy the frozen kind ....
    The Shackretary

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Anyone have a good garlic bread recipe??

I don't want to have to go to the store....

4. Re: Anyone have a good garlic bread recipe??

Mine isn't really a recipe but this is what I do and my family loves it:

I put one stick of butter (less if I'm making less bread) in a glass measuring cup and shake about 1 tablespoon of Garlic powder on top of the butter. I melt the butter (usually one minute on high). Stir butter so that Garlic powder mixes throughout butter. I lay slices of bread (our Hannaford has the best homemade garlic bread) on a cookie sheet and spoon the butter mixture onto each slice. I use the spoon to spread the mixture over the top of each slice. I broil for 1-2 minutes, until the top of the bread is lightly toasted. If I think of it I sprinkle cheese on top of the bread before it goes in the broiler. If I have an unsliced loaf of bread I place the loaf on a cookie sheet and slice up the middle and then random slice it crossways and pour the butter mixture and cheese on top and then broil. My family loves this!
    Teresa

This is for one giant loaf of french bread. I take one stick of butter and let it sit until it's totally soft. Then, I take ten cloves of garlic and press it through a garlic press. Mix that in with the butter. The juice from the garlic will infuse into the butter. Also, add a tablespoon of parsley flakes. Mix it until it's thoroughly combined. Cut your loaf in half, lengthwise. Spread the butter. Sprinkle Paprika over the butter. Place foil on your oven rack. Place your loaf-halves over the foil, buttered side up. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Voila! Your house is going to smell like garlic bread for a day or two.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

bread....butter....garlic powder............good!

This is going to sound gross but, my DH makes the best garlic bread and here's his recipe: French or Italian bread, slice in half, spread mayonnaise on the cut side of each half, then softened butter, sprinkle w/ garlic powder and parmesan cheese and bake or broil until browned.
    Cathi

Quote Originally Posted by cecescraps View Post
    This is going to sound gross but, my DH makes the best garlic bread and here's his recipe: French or Italian bread, slice in half, spread mayonnaise on the cut side of each half, then softened butter, sprinkle w/ garlic powder and parmesan cheese and bake or broil until browned.
    Acutally mayo doesn't sound gross to me at all. It makes an awsome coating on chicken or pork with breadcrumbs on top.

It really is yummy Mary. I'm not a fan or mayo and at first I thought he was nuts but, this stuff is good!!
    Cathi

Yum! You ladies are making me hungry! I never heard of the mayo trick, but I bet it would be good.
    Amy

+ Reply to Thread