+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

1. Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

We received a few requests wondering if it is possible to give a Shack Plus membership as a gift. This is possible and a great inexpensive gift idea so we are posting how it works below in case any other members are interested.

The member giving the Shack Plus gift would just need to do the following:

1. Send membership fee payment via PayPal to [email protected]
    ***Note the gift receivers full name, Shack User Name (if they are already a junior member), and email address.***

UPDATE: If you would like to give a Shack Plus membership secretly, just note, "Send as an anonymous gift" and we will not disclose who the gift is from.

2. Upon receipt of the PayPal payment, within 48 hours we will notify the gift receiver by email that they have received a Shack Plus membership gift and we will email the gift giver to confirm that the gift was properly given.

3. The gift receiver will then be asked to register as a junior member of the site (if they are not already), and within 48 hours their Shack Plus membership will be fully activated.

This is a manual process for us so that is why it may take up to 48 hours...but in most cases we should be able to get things processed much faster for you. If you have any additional questions about giving the gift of Shack Plus membership please send us a PM.

Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

could it be done as a "secret Sister" gift- with you not disclosing the name of the giver?
    Sarah

3. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    could it be done as a "secret Sister" gift- with you not disclosing the name of the giver?
    Sarah, yes it can be done as a "secret sister" gift. Just let us know when sending the PayPal payment for the Shack Plus gift membership. Making a note like "Please send as an anonymous gift" would be perfect to let us know not to disclose who the gift is from.

This is starting to sound like fun!

4. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

That's a great idea!

Ok, I'm a jr. member so this doesn't really apply to me but just thought of a question that might help someone else. What if someone's membership doesn't run out for several months, can you still buy them a "gift" renewal that will carry them through for another year after they DO run out?

5. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

What a great idea
    Pascale

Summer bingo 2011 words numbers
    2. 4.8.9.13.15.20.21.31.33.34.35.44.46.51.52.57.63.67.68.77.78.80.84.85.

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by IMBlessed5 View Post
    That's a great idea!

Ok, I'm a jr. member so this doesn't really apply to me but just thought of a question that might help someone else. What if someone's membership doesn't run out for several months, can you still buy them a "gift" renewal that will carry them through for another year after they DO run out?
    Vicki, if memberships are renewed early, the 12 months is tacked on the end of their current membership expiration date.
    Sarah

7. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Thanks Sarah!

Is the membership 10 or 12 per yr? It says 10.00 but I was thinking I read somewhere it was going to 12.00.

9. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Is the membership 10 or 12 per yr? It says 10.00 but I was thinking I read somewhere it was going to 12.00.
    Hi Paula, for the remaining days of January an annual Shack Plus membership is $10.00. Effective February 1, 2009, Shack Plus membership will be $12.00 a year. The thread you recall reading before with the original announcement is at Shack Update January 2009.

10. Re: Giving the Gift of Shack Plus Membership

We have had a few PM messages from Shack members asking how to give a Shack Plus membership as a gift. The first post on this thread provides details on how this works for those interested. If you have any additional questions on a gift Shack Plus membership, please send us a PM.

+ Reply to Thread