+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how do you set small eyelets?

how do you set small eyelets?

I think eyelets are so great but I don't know how to set them...seems like it should be simple...

I have a tool for setting the large eyelets, but not the smaller ones. Is that what the cropodile does? Is there something else that is cheaper to do the trick?

Thanks for your help.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

2. Re: how do you set small eyelets?

you can get a small eyelet setting tool that works with a hammer. They're usually less than $5. I used those for a long time before I got my CAD.
    Traci

Re: how do you set small eyelets?

I only use my crop a dile, so simple & quick to do. It also punches so it's dual duty
    ~*~Lori*~*

If you see someone without a smile, give em yours!

The cropadile does set eyelets. I'm so not a fan of eyelets, though. It seems I never use the right setting or amount of pressure. For me, I got rid of all the eyelets and use brads now! LOL

If you have CropaDile, practice with some junky eyelets and scrap paper to find the best settings for small eyelets.
    That's all I've got...I too, used the hammer method until I got my CAD.
    Joanie

I agree ... once you get a crop a dile you'll never know how you lived with out it!!! It's great for setting eyelets.
    Chelsea
    a*muse studio rep #1438

My Blog - Chelsea's Creative Corner

7. Re: how do you set small eyelets?

I'm on the other side...I don't like my crop-a-dile (sure it's easy and light on your squeeze) because of the way the eyelet sets and the way it seems to smush the top/rounded part of the eyelet. I prefer the old method for setting eyelets because it seems to look much better for me.

I have an eyelet setter that has two different sized ends that screw into a stick like handle. I just poke a hole in my cardstock using my small hole punch, set the eyelet in the hole (upside down on a mat board), then hammer a few times...

Kerry

I could never get the hammer thingy to work right---so I figured I must be eyelet challenged--until I got the CAD. I'm still not great at it, but it's much better. However, I do agree that brads are easier!!

9. Re: how do you set small eyelets?

I have a "universal" eyelet setter. It is pretty much just a point that sets any size eyelet. It may not be as "pretty" as some setters but it works for me. Although, now I do use my CAD more.

Cheryl, I have heard (haven't tried it so I don't know if it really works) that you can use a phillips screwdriver (the one w/the "x" on it) to set eyelets. Might be worth a try but, I would "practice" on a faux project before doing something important.

Thank you ladies...I will try a few different things/ways. You must all know me...suggesting I practice first.... : ) I appreciate the input.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

+ Reply to Thread