+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I may have just got myself fired!!!

Re: I may have just got myself fired!!!

Oh honey--I agree with everyone that she sounds like a troublemaker. I totally feel your pain.

Guy came into my office today demanding that I multiply the savings dollars I had figured out for his project by how many people were in his department. (won't get into it, but he was totally wrong). Even though I KNEW I was in the right, I got totally frustrated trying to get my point across to him, he got frustratred with me....while we stayed "friends" I printed out the data, gave it to him and told him to take it to billing with his issues. (Basically I threw him out). I was totally in the right, but my blood pressure was so sky high about it I had to call 2 people to vent after work.

I can totally see how your situation (much larger and more HBP-raising than mine was) would totally put you in this position.

Crossing my fingers and toes and everything for you. But I am WITH YOU GIRL!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Oh geez, sending out good vibes for you! I have a temper and have embarassed myself on more than one occasion. I call her "Evil Katherine"(she doesn't even spell her name the same as I do). And I also have an immature coworker, she is 67 y/o and if she is mad at you will give you the cold shoulder for days! And there are only 8 of us in the office!

Kathy

I love your attitude! You aren't blaming anybody else for what you did that you know you shouldn't have done -- and you are taking responsibility for your action (or language!). That's what makes a valuable emploee in my book. I hope they recognize this. And I'm sure you won't be dropping any more f-bombs...

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Suzi, sorry to hear about your bad day. Every office must have a psycho co-worker. If my boss fired us for using the f-bomb, there would be no one working there! All joking aside, hang in there, sending good vibes your way.

5. Re: I may have just got myself fired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    I love your attitude! You aren't blaming anybody else for what you did that you know you shouldn't have done -- and you are taking responsibility for your action (or language!). That's what makes a valuable emploee in my book. I hope they recognize this. And I'm sure you won't be dropping any more f-bombs...
    Thanks Nancy!!! you really made me feel better (well, y'all did!!!) Now, if someone can tell me how to get over feeling stupid. I wish I was one of those people who could always handle stuff rationally.

Sorry, this is really (!!) long..but it's for suzi...I looked up "stupid" on google and this is what I found....reacting to a hard situation in a less than "prim fashion" did not turn up..but the following did. I don't think the word applies to you!

------

Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”
    ~ Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
    Answer: “I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever,”
    ~ Miss Alabama’s Heather Whitestone in the 1994 Miss USA contest, who was later selected as Miss America 1995.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    “Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.”
    ~ Mariah Carey
    - - - - - - - - - -
    “I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body”
    ~ Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    “Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country”
    ~ Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    “I’m not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.”
    ~ Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    “That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I’m just the one to do it.”
    ~ A congressional candidate in Texas.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

7. Re: I may have just got myself fired!!!

Thanks Cheryl. That ought to make me laugh!!!

Cheryl, your awesome!!! just what a girl needs when she's down!

I hope things work out for you, Suzi. let us know...
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

10. Re: I may have just got myself fired!!!

Bummer. Best of luck!

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

+ Reply to Thread