+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

The vet called me yesterday to tell my that Jiggs has extremely high liver enzymes. He says that the high side is 150 and Jiggs are over 1,000..... Back in 2002 they were high and then again in 2005. He says it could be lots of things or it could be normal for him. He doesn't have any signs that you would expect if he was sick. He is still concerend that and wants to put him on some medicine. He said if the medicine doesn't work then we need to do an ultrasound that will cost $400. Even my ultrasound didn't cost that much!! Anyway, sorry this was so long but wanted to talk it out with my friends.

Re: Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

oh no!! I'm sorry Christie, I Know you must be worried, we love our furbabies so much. I hope the meds will work. I know all about pumping the hig bucks into our pets, remember Lucky getting his teeth pulled for th sum of 1500.?? and then theres Zacks surgery!
    anyways I'll pray the meds do the trick. give Jiggs a pet for me

I really hope Jiggs is okay!!! My Dad and his wife ended up taking out pet insurance after one of their cats was having lots of medical problems. At the time I couldn't believe it, but I can understand better now! I hope the medicine works!

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

4. Re: Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

My goodness...poor little thing. I wonder why they are so high? Maybe try the medicine before getting an ultrasound to see if that will bring his levels down.

WOW Christie, that's quite a bit of news! How did they find out his liver count was so high, if he had no signs? Our last Boston had liver damage after eating Kisses, could Jiggs' been something he was born with? Prayers to his recovery and that the meds work wonders. Tell him Dixie and me sends our slobbers!
    [SIZE=3]When I'm an old woman, I shall stamp in[COLOR=#9932cc] purple[/COLOR]! :v_SPIN:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]~[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]* [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Merry[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]*[/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]~[/COLOR][/SIZE]

If he seems ok, I'd be cautious about spending lots of money for tests. So sorry he's got some sort of troubles.

7. Re: Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

I hope he's better soon. Why can't we cover our furbabies under our health insurance like our kids?? We feel pretty much the same way about them. Would make our lives so much easier!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by MerryMimi View Post
    WOW Christie, that's quite a bit of news! How did they find out his liver count was so high, if he had no signs? Our last Boston had liver damage after eating Kisses, could Jiggs' been something he was born with? Prayers to his recovery and that the meds work wonders. Tell him Dixie and me sends our slobbers!
    We wanted to put him on arthritis medicine because he has been showing signs of that. The vet wanted to do bloodwork to make sure his liver was ok because the arthritis medicine is hard on the liver. That's how we found out. Now he won't put him on the arthritis pills. Which is really ok I guess. His arthritis isn't that bad just when we go for extra long walks then he starts limping and he doesn't like to jump up on the bed as much.

awww poor Jiggs! I know how hard it is! I think I would wait - if he isn't showing any signs then I don't know that I would spend the cash but then that is coming from someone that took out Toby's stitches myself ( knew that nursing would still come in handy)!

HUGS!
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

10. Re: Jiggs has extreme elevated liver enzymes

What about giving Jiggs "Glucosamine" for dogs? Or is that what you were looking into?

http://www.glucosamine-arthritis.org...mine-dogs.html
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread