+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

1. Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

Sketch?
    Original?
    Ciao?
    Wide?

And why? I have about 20 total and I have all different and I really can't tell a difference. What does this say about me?
    The Shackretary

Re: Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

it says you love them all! you are not biased and your open to all ways of coloring! lol!!
    I don't even know what kind I have, I'd have to go check.

I have mostly Sketch and a few Ciao. I will not buy any more Ciaos. Why you ask? 2 reasons. I can't stand the fact that the Ciaos don't have the numbers on the ends. You have to look at the side of each marker to see what number it is! Once you understand the numbering system -- you realize that the numbers are important!

The other reason -- I can only use Sketch markers in my Air Brush system.

So there.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

4. Re: Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

I prefer the sketch markers. I like the brush tip for coloring and the fact that they are not round so that they don't roll off the table. I like that they come in more colors than I'll probably ever need - 322 colors. These markers are refillable.

The Ciaos have the same tips as the Sketch markers, but they are round and only come in 144 colors. I think I want more colors than that. These are refillable.

The original Copic markers. With the exception of only having 214 color choices available, I don't know how they differ from the Sketch markers, really. You can change out the nibs just like the Sketch and the Ciaos and they are refillable.

The wide markers only come in 36 colors and are mainly used for coloring backgrounds and specialized drawing. I only have a few of these and hardly ever use them.

If I were starting out with Copics, I would find a set that fit my budget and had the colors I thought I'd use most with the way I color. Lighter colors vs darker colors, pastels vs. brights, etc. Get a set that had good colors for fleshtones and for shading (some grays). There is a fantastic post over on the Paper Garden Project that tells how if she had to choose 36 pens, the ones she would choose. I used Cathy's suggestions here to get started with my Copics. BTW, she sells Copics in her store and offers them at a discount.

So I hoped that helped, or did I make it clear as mud (markers)?

I just bought that cute mouse and tree stamp she uses for the markers, I must take time to read it to see how she colors it so mine will be near perfect (ha like that could happen)like hers.
    I like the Copics, which ones I haven't decided- the ones with the numbers on the end are sure nice. But I have a few of each.

I'm a Sketch person, myself. Love the wide tip on one end for wider spaces; and the brush tip for smaller, tighter spots.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

I am a sketch person myself mostly but I have ciao and orginal too depends on what I am doing. I like org for small stuff and sketch for blending. ciao are just easy on the budget but I am with Nancy I use the numbers too much.

Cindy

My Blog

8. Re: Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

I love ALL of them...ALL 344 so that means: I have all 144 Ciao markers and am working on the rest by getting the Sketch.

As for the original, it comes with a hard tip on one end (kinda like Prismacolor Markers). That doesn't really matter since you can change the tips on any of them if you really wanted a different tip.

Kerry

I have about 50 sketch. I just got a set from Ellen Hutson. It has the perfect blend of colors Enough pastels and intense color. I would say it would be good for coloring nature scenes as well as people too. Here is the linkhttp://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/t...kers%2C/Detail

10. Re: Copic lovers - which ones do you prefer?

I have Ciao sets A & D, which I have collected over the last year by way of Gina K's Copic marker club. I am undecided on what I will sign up for next. I would like to collect the Sketch markers and invest in the airbrush system but I'm not sure if I want to invest the $$$.

Great thread.
    Teresa

+ Reply to Thread