+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you know eggs could EXPLODE???

1. Re: Did you know eggs could EXPLODE???

rofl....you'll be finding bits of egg for awhile...

Re: Did you know eggs could EXPLODE???

Oh goodness!!! That definitely gave me quite a visual with a big chuckle!! So sorry about the cleanup though!

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I just remembed about 5 years ago I was given a pressure cooker and was cooking a roast when all of a sudden I heard a giant explosion. The stupid thing exploded on me and was shooting food all over the kitchen! It's a good thing I wasn't in there, I could of been hurt. That was a big mess to clean!

Yikes on the pressure cooker..those things scare me!...but obviously I have trouble with a regular pot so just imagine what havoc I could create with a pressure cooker!
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

oh man. maybe we should arm our military with eggs and pressure cookers. imagine that!!

I definitely am not a cook, but this is how I make hardboiled eggs.
    I put the eggs into a pot with cold water and heat to boiling.
    When there's a rolling boil, I leave the pot on the burner, but I turn it off, and put the cover on the pot.
    I let them stand for 20 minutes and then I cool them off in a hurry...cold water and ice. They come out perfectly every time!
    I'm sorry you had an eggy incident, Cheryl and I'm sure you really do know how to do it! I am always afraid I will forget something on the stove since I cook so infrequently! LOL
    Joanie

Sorry about your mess, Cheryl, but it did give me a chuckle. Not long ago, I was putting a plastic gallon jar of mayonaise in the fridge, and dropped it on the floor...needless to say, I had mayonaise from my kitchen to my dining room! It was a HUGE mess! LOL at least mayo doesn't stink like overboiled eggs!!!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

yeah...I really do know how to make eggs...and actually- my mother gave me an egg cooker a few years ago but I keep forgetting it! I love the idea of eggs and pressure cookers for our armed forces though....what a sight that would be!
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

After being hit with eggs the enemy could easily be located by their smell! LOL
    Joanie

Funny Cheryl! This happened to me only a week ago. I had four eggs on the stove and went back downstairs into the office to finish up something. Luckily I heard the first pop - and I ran back into the kitchen in time to save the rest of the eggs from exploding all over the kitchen. So I had only a little mess to clean up - but yes - the smell - ugh - not appetizing at all.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

+ Reply to Thread