+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you sharpen your scissors?

How do you sharpen your scissors?

I have the cutterbee, honeybee and titanium scissors and love them. The only problem is now they are getting dull and I can't cut ribbons with them. How do you sharpen these scissors? Anyone know??

Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

Send them to my dad...LOL! He has a great scissor sharpening thing. I know there are sharpeners you can buy and sometimes our Joanne's has scissor sharpening in the shop for a fee. Sorry I don't know how much they charge.

I haven't had to sharpen mine yet, but would like to know. Something I do, do is use different scissors for different jobs, I have a pair for ribbon, another pair for chipboard, and my cutterbees for paper, and my honey bees for sticky stuff and stamps. I think having different scissors for different materials helps.

4. Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

I have special scissors that I only cut ribbon with. I only cut ribbon, unfortunately, my dd has cut other stuff w/them. I try to keep them hidden so the kids don't use them!

5. Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

I just buy new. Not the most economical I know ...
    The Shackretary

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    I just buy new. Not the most economical I know ...

LOL Sherri, you are too funny!

I use the different scissors for different jobs, but hadn't thought of a pair just for ribbon. I'll see if Ralph has a sharpening tool or just call Tami's dad.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

I wonder if my knife/scissor sharpener will work, bring with you when you bring your mom over, you can try it is you want.

I have a pair of scissors that are just for fabric. They were pricey when I bought them and the women who sold them to me, kept stressing over and over and over.....just for fabric, do Not use them on paper!! Paper dulls scissors much faster. So, maybe it would be a good idea to have one for just ribbon....I didn't think of that either! :> Currently, I use my SU paper snips for ribbon (and paper) and they work really well for me. But, I've never tried to have that kind of scissor sharpened before. Sorry, if I'm not really any help here. (I think I need to go track down a cup of coffee!!! I'm SO not awake yet! :>)

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

Glad you are feeling better, Karen! I have special fabric shears and have them very well hidden, so there won't be any mishaps! I think the cutterbees have just dulled with use, and need to get a little tlc. I'll bring them with me, Cindi, and we'll see what we can do. thanks!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

10. Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

I'm not being funny. I am dead serious! It has never occurred to me to SHARPEN my scissors. LOL

Now I am laughing!!!!
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread