+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you sharpen your scissors?

Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

Thanks Tracey! I'm definitely much better on the sick front...still have a cough and some congestion, but I'm not out for the count! What's making me batty though.....is......I've lost my voice!!! I'm quite the chatty one and now I cannot talk above a whisper. And teaching my kidlets the art of communication isn't going so well when I have to clap at them to get their attention when they cannot hear me above their giggles!! (Actually, their super bionic hearing has come in quite handy....when they aren't making noise themselves, they actually can hear me whispering from a couple of rooms away or above the road noise and music playing in the car! :>) Its starting to come back a little today, so hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll have some volume back! :>

Okay....back to scissor sharpening!!! Did not mean to hijack!!! Whoops!!

So, what is more economical, paying to have scissors sharpened (I have no idea how much it costs) or replacing inexpensive scissors with new inexpensive scissors with a coupon???

Oh yea...just remembered the other post.....since Michael's is what, an hour?, away from you, I'd imagine sharpening would be more fiscally saavy! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Get new ones!!!

I know, I know!!! The way to sharpen all of your cutting tools is to cut heavy duty tin foil... this goes for your scissors, your paper cutting devices, your punches... if you find your cutting devices are not cut smoothly, cut a few sheets of wax paper and they should slide through anything!

I bought a 7 dollar scissor sharpning at Michaels and it works great both for left handed and right handed people. - Nancy

5. Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

Ditto Monkey Love...Aluminum Foil...

Kerry

6. Re: How do you sharpen your scissors?

I have several pair of SU snips, but after going through several scissors, I now mark them for ribbon only. Here is a pic. I never thought of sharpening them !
    Attached Images

I get them all sharpened whenever the sharpening guy at Joannes is NOT on Sunday.

I also have special scissors for special jobs:
    paper only
    anything
    kitchen
    junk
    TONS of kid ones
    cotton fabric only
    weird fabric only
    ribbon only

And a backup fabric only. and a backup paper.

+ Reply to Thread