+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions Please!

Opinions Please!

Well, the search for a summer job isn't going well (not surprised). But I'm still hopeful somethng will turn up. In the meantime, I thought I could start selling packaged note cards to help with little things.

Many of my coworkers have been encouraging me to sell my cards so I thought I would give it a try. I decided to keep it rather simple and generic so they would appeal to a larger group. I've made some samples and attached pictures of them.

I have six basic colors and one design - Black/Grey, Olive/ Beige, Teal/Pale Green, Blue/Salvia, Aubergine/Pink, and Coral/Peach. Here's my questions:

1. How many cards should I include in a package? six, ten, a dozen?
    2. How many color combos in a package? one, two, three?
    3. How much should I sell them for? (I know this would depend on how many cards are in the package.)
    4. Do you have any other suggestions that would be helpful to me?

I would appreciate your input! Thanks.

Added another question below! Please answer that too!
    Last edited by scraphappy908; 06-25-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    Amy

2. Re: Opinions Please!

These are really cute

How about 1 of each color (6 cards) in a set?

I'm totally clueless about the price....I've seen cards $4 each recently...but for note cards I just don't know....

Maybe $10 a set?

Re: Opinions Please!

I like the idea of one of each color in the package.

When I sell cards I sell them for $2 each. When I do sets I do them 6 cards for $10.

Ok, I'm not much help here but I do like what you've done. I would say a pack of 6 that way you can keep the cost reasonable and hopefully sell more. I am not good at fixing prices though. I do like your color choices and think a combo pack is a good idea.
    Good luck with your venture!

Kathy

I like the idea of one of each color. I sell single cards for $2 each to a couple of regular customers. I don't have to do any packaging and they buy a large quantity, so that price works for me.

I'm no help on packaging or pricing, as I don't sell my cards, but I do love them and hope you sell a bunch!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Thanks for the input so far. I do have another question. I was thinking of making an envelope type thing or even a flat box to put them in so that they look more professional. Or should I put them in those acetate sleeves? I don't even know where to get those although I know many of you use them. Where do you buy your acetate sleeves?
    Amy

+ Reply to Thread