+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to Stamp Shack.

New to Stamp Shack.

Hi,

Though I am new to the Stamp Shack, I am not new to stamping! I've been stamping, and hanging around stamp groups for close to 20 years now. My favorite cards are those that "do" something... kinetic cards that pop-up, spin, slide, etc. I also love simple but elegant cards.

My name is Kathy, and I live in the Bay Area of California. I have been married to Bob for almost 22 years, and we have a daughter, Beth, who is 17 and about to graduate from High School, and will be heading off to UC Santa Cruz (her dream school) in the fall.

I am a mathematical computer scientist by training, and I work very part-time for a National Lab. I suffer from repetitive strain syndrome, have had multiple surgeries, so I am somewhat limited in what I can do anymore. I also have been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia, so at times I just really can't do much. But stamping is my life-line, when I am able to do it.

I look forward to getting to know people, and look forward to sharing.

Smiles,
    Kathy

2. Re: New to Stamp Shack.

Hi Kathy and welcome to the stamp shack. I'm Jan from Virginia. I've never heard of repetitive strain syndrome. Sounds painful. Have you had your vitamin D & B-12 levels checked lately?

Re: New to Stamp Shack.

Welcome to the Stamp Shack!!
    Mary

Hello and welcome to the shack! I'm Chris in Michigan.

Hi Jan,

Repetitive Strain Syndrome is a condition that includes Carpal Tunnel, Dequervaines, tendonitis, etc., caused by repetitive motion. I have had 5 surgeries on my hands, for nerve and tendon releases, but it was later discovered that the root of my problem is in my neck; I have a serious disk issue between C3&C4, and some severe osteoarthritis throughout my spine and shoulders. The surgeries, though, left me with quite a bit of scarring, and I've developed pretty bad tendonitis in my wrists.

In any event, it is painful most of the time, but most of the time I cope. I just can't keyboard at a desk for more than a few minutes at a time, and I am limited to no more than 4 hours/week. At home I am able to do a little more than that because I use a laptop, in a reclining chair, where my neck and arms are fully supported.

I have had pretty thorough work-ups, and other than the injury and the fibro, all is pretty much normal.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Kathy, welcome to the Stamp Shack. I'm Amy from Michigan.
    Amy

Hello and welcome!
    shelley

G"day From Australia. I hope you have your laptop handy 'cos this place is addictive!
    Sarah

Hello and welcome to the Shack. You will definitely get addicted to this website because of all the friendly and talented ladies here. I'm Joanne from western Tennessee.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Welcome to the shack, Kathy, from the southern end of CA. I am always intimidated by interactive cards. Can't wait to see some of yours.

+ Reply to Thread