+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The WINNER OF IAP15 foiled is....

1. The WINNER OF IAP15 foiled is....

Ta-da......
    The WINNER of the foiled challenge is...midnightcreationsCongratulations Renu!
    If you would like to see Renu's card again here it is.

I was so delighted to see all the variations on this theme...thanks to all the players for creating such wonderful inspiration!
    Many thanks to each one who played in my challenge!...Jan

I love stamping and trying my hand at new techniques. I particularly enjoy the unexpected surprises that come with trying new techniques. I hope that is just what you experience as you try this challenge!

For this challenge you will add aluminum foil to your card to create dimension, texture and luminescence.

Earth Friendly tip—save aluminum foil scraps to use for this technique.

Technique description: The foiling technique I used for my inspiration card begins with using a glue stick to attach the foil to some card stock to provide a more stable base and then dry embossing with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. If you don’t have an embossing machine you might try running it through a crimper, using Fiskars texture plates (lay foil against plate and rub with a blunt tool) or, hand manipulating the foil. Inking the foil can be done either before or after the embossing. Some ink possibilities include sharpie pens, stazon ink, alcohol inks, or brilliance inks. Once the glue is dry and the foil is embossed it can easily be cut to the shape you desire. The embossed foil can be used as a background, frame, mat, or other element on your card.

Please post your challenge card in the Creative Team, Special Events Gallery and begin the title with IAP15. Then come back here and post a link on this thread so you will be included in my random prize drawing. My prize includes the Spellbinders ribbon tag die and embossing set and a Tim Holtz rubber stamp (see attached picture).
    Happy Stampin!...Jan

PS. Don’t forget after posting just one challenge card you are eligible to sign-up for the door prize contest too!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Far North; 05-04-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Re: Iap15 foiled!

oooh ahhhh! I love that you put the foil on cardstock for stability. Such a fun challenge and just look at those lovely prizes.

3. Re: Iap15 foiled!

Only foil I can think of is wrapped round chocolates ......oh well susp someone has to eat them ha ha ...... now this challenge is more than enjoyable .... wink xx

4. Re: IAP15 foiled!

Oh Sue I bet chocolate foil will work just fine...and so Earth Friendly too! Only problem is you may need to eat more than one Oh what we sacrafice for a good challenge LOL! Enjoy!

5. Re: IAP15 foiled!

Such a wonderful idea for your challenge Jan! I've never tried this before so it will be a true challenge for me. But...I'll try anything for those prizes! WOW!
    Smiles, Pam

My blog: Stamping with {Serendipity!}

"Stamping makes an ordinary day more colorful!"

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps

Re: IAP15 foiled!

This will definitely be a challenge for me as I've never used foil before. Your card is beautiful. And so are the prizes.
    Michelle

Here is mine! I had the best time!

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...1837&ppuser=52
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

Here's mine. I used a piece of foil covered card from a pie pan lid.
    Great challenge Jan. Sorry my pic is so small, the card is actually 5" square - but it wouldn't scan ( due to the shiny foil) so I took a photo instead, and then used my photo software program to post it.

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...4&limit=recent
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I just added my card for this challenge to the Gallery!
    Jan, thanks for hosting this great inspirational challenge week.
    Here is my card:
    http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...5&limit=recent
    Joanie

GREAT challenge Jan, thanks! Here's my card.

+ Reply to Thread