+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background - Winners Announced

IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background - Winners Announced

Welcome to Ink-A -Paloosa, 10 days of fun, and my challenge for you.
    Almost everyone knows that I rarely use patterned paper, preferring instead to make my own backgrounds, using a variety of techniques and media.
    My challenge for you, is to make a card with an Alcohol Ink background.
    You can either use the Polished Stone Technique, or my favourite technique, ( I don’t know the name for this one ) which involves putting the alcohol ink and the blending solution on a Teflon craft mat, and dragging your glossy cardstock through it. You will see the most beautiful backgrounds and no two pieces will ever turn out exactly the same.
    So if you've ever wanted to get a little messy with your alcohol inks, nows the time to get them out and have a go.
    Everyone who enters a card in my challenge, will have their name included in the random draw for a clear stamp set by Inkakinkadoo. I am also offering a second prize of patterned paper, because although I rarely use it, it's never stopped me from buying it!
    Don't forget when posting your card in the gallery, be sure to label it " IAP9" so that your name will be added to the prize drawing.
    Here are pics of my sample cards using both techniques, and also a pic of the stamp set. Have fun creating!

Ta Da ! I drew for the prizes and . . . . .
    the winner of the stamp set is Lakeslady,
    and the collection of paper goes to HeatherJ
    Congrats to both of you and thanks to everyone for entering my challenge.
    Prizes will be mailed out tomorrow morning.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Re: IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background

Great prize- your cards are terrific. I have some ai that hardly has ever been used.

3. Re: IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background

you know Chris, I bought AI's a few years ago, never used them and ended up selling them
    Awna

bored? Read my blog:
    http://allinkdup.blogspot.com

MAR BINGO #'s (maybe 4th time is a charm?)

3-10-25-34-50-56-69-77-92-100

This is a great challenge. You do such beautiful work with alcohol inks. I've heard the craft mat, drag through the ink called "monoprint". It's a good title since everything done like this is a one of a kind or one off. Love that pretty stamp set.

Chris, your backgrounds are Beautiful!!! Thanks for hosting!

Tami, I Totally expect that you'll be playing in this one!! I immediately flashed back to the spring AI tutorial on your blog! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

6. Re: IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background

Wow Chris beautiful inspirational cards!! I can't wait to get some AI on my fingers too!

Ack!! Okay...so I haven't had any coffee yet!!! I just remembered, Tami, that your tutorial is with Distress Inks, not Alcohol Inks! Time to put my marbles back into the marble jar....and back into my head!!!! I obviously need them! :>

All looks like lots of fun! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

GREAT samples Chris, I'll be playing in this one!
    ~Deborah

9. Re: IAP9 - Alcohol Ink Background

Would you believe I don't own any Alcohol Inks?! If I could make backgrounds like you Chris, I wouldn't need all this patterned paper in my stash! Wow! You do lovely work!
    Smiles, Pam

My blog: Stamping with {Serendipity!}

"Stamping makes an ordinary day more colorful!"

how fun!! I just got 3 new alcohol inks the other day, so I will have to open them up and have a go at it!..great prize

+ Reply to Thread