+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone a True Blood fan?

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Anyone a True Blood fan?

I don't have HBO so I didn't watch this show when it was on the air, but the DVD for Season 1 was just released--and since I'd heard so much about it, I bought it.

It's a Vampire series based on the set of books that feature a waitress named Sookie Stackhouse and it's set in the deep south--Louisiana. Since it's on cable, it's quite abit more violent and risque than regular TV.

But the basic story is a romance between sweet and innocent (and mind reading) Sookie and a Vampire (Bill) who's from a southern plantation owning, civil war fighting, courtly manners--time period--is very good!
    --Lidia

Re: Anyone a True Blood fan?

I watch it! I love it, I can't wait until season 2 starts. DH and I went to several stores looking for the DVD, I guess I am going to have to order it.

3. Re: Anyone a True Blood fan?

I loved the series too and hope the second season starts soon... I thought The Wire was one of the best shows ever and I loved Carnivale and hate that they didn't continue it... HBO has had so many great series... I hate when they end. It was always something to look forward to on Sundays.

I love True Blood, can't wait for the second season. I have all of the books in the series. Just finished the fourth one.

I'm going to read the books now--it will be fun to compare with the TV show! I read that Season 2 starts on June 14 (or somewhere right in there).

We did have to search at a couple different Target stores to find the DVDs.
    --Lidia

6. Re: Anyone a True Blood fan?

I hope it's June 14th... I'll have to remember to watch for it.

7. Re: Anyone a True Blood fan?

I think I've watched it once... I didn't quite get into it. Now I wish I had!!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

8. Re: Anyone a True Blood fan?

I also like Big Love and I heard today that The Closer's new season is starting in June... LOVE that show!

I don't have HBO but LOVE LOVE LOVE the book series. It's absolutely my favorite series of books.

I'm WAY excited it's out to buy. I'm gonna go buy it in the next few days.

I seriously considered getting HBO just to watch it. But Brian reminded me that all those shows come out on DVD anyhow.

Just a warning Erin--the HBO series has ALOT more graphic sex in it! You do NOT want your boys around. They have the character of Jason, Sookie's brother, being sort of a man-tramp and getting high on 'V' (Vampire blood) so there's alot about him and all his conquests.

The love story between Sookie and Bill is portrayed rather sweet and sincere like it is in the book and that is the very best part--but there's alot of the other stuff inbetween.
    --Lidia

+ Reply to Thread