+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SWAP rudeness at SCS

Re: SWAP rudeness at SCS

Quote Originally Posted by mjbonoan View Post
    That is exactly what I'm doing... I'm sending her the swap tomorrow and I'm paying extra so she has to sign for it. As soon as I get the swap back I will be sending her and equally nasty PM letting her know how rude she was. I'm sending it because, like some of you say... I can't let down the other swappers. However, I will never swap with her again, nor will I join swaps that she is participating in!!

FYI... the only reason why I joined this particular swap is because we don't do many recipe swaps here anymore. What is wrong with me, I don't need to cook anymore... after the surgery I eat like a bird!!!
    Perhaps I can host a low-carb recipe swap... if anyone is interested please let me know!!!
    host away, I'll join in!

I'll join- have to watch my salt intake. - Nancy

SCS is having a major crack down on swaps due to a huge amount of flakers both on the hostess side and the participant side. Actually the new rules are far more strict on the hostess side than the participant side. I would think that your hostess is very concerned about her status as a hostess (they have to have the swap returned in 10 days, so no waiting on late ones) I agree she should have used "wiser" language but I assume she is just panicking like many of the hostess are. I am a mental health therapist by profession and I can tell you are truly upset, you should pm her and ask if you are reading her message correctly, maybe she meant something different than what you read - e-mail is tough, you can't see the person's face or ask for an explanation. But showing kindness even if something really makes you mad, tends to make you feel better and shows you are the wiser person in the exchange. Lashing out will just make her mad and what does that do to resolve the issue? O.k. therapist hat is off - good luck and I love recipe swaps and I am not sure I ever saw one on this site. I do all my recipes through a site called Cindy's and all she does is recipe card swaps and the cards I get back are amazing.
    Roxie

10 days -- that is almost like the credit card companies -- I have to worry about the mail getting there that quick, so that would leave out any international people. Oh well, it sure created a lot of talk. - Nancy

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

The real rule of life here is that it should be about "YOU" and not about her. Ignore her remarks, mail YOUR swap in as YOU had planned, take a deep breath and sleep well tonight knowing YOU did the right thing.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

6. Re: SWAP rudeness at SCS

My swap will be postal today.
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread