+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

I don't think anyone was being too negative. TAC is still a great company and they have to do these things to remain competitive in the industry. Unfortunately, it's going to affect several demonstrators in a negative way.
    I certainly don't blame TAC for doing what they did. I'm just in an area of the country that has been hit hard by the economic "downturn". My family life and career take precidence over my TAC business and I don't have much time to put more effort into TAC. I will probably ride it out for a few months more before I turn in my resignation. Afterall, I still have a few regulars who buy from me!
    Amy

2. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

I didn't mean to send negative. If I did, I'm sorry. The time is right for me to step down now, that's all I was saying.
    The Shackretary

My 2 cents, I didn't think anyone was being negative either, it is what it is. Lots of people are experiencing hard times and we have to do what we have to do!

Kathy

4. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

Oh no! I definitely did not point any fingers or say ANYone was being negative! So please don't take it like that! I know - hard to tell from typed words as opposed to spoken voices. All I said was "I wanted to clear some things up BEFORE THIS THREAD BECAME TOO NEGATIVE". I meant that partly because it seemd like a couple things were put out there in a way that it COULD have been misinterpreted or COULD have been misunderstood. And partly because it COULD have became negative at some point and I think discussion like that belongs on the TAC demo boards/groups. That's all I'm saying ladies - please don't take it the wrong way! I'm not a "TAC cheerleader" by any means and I certainly understand where every one is coming from! Also, I'm definitely BY NO MEANS saying this shouldn't be discussed here at all!
    Aw heck, I'll just shut up now, LOL!

5. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

Well, knowing the Shack ladies as I do, I don't see this thread becoming negative at all. It's just a shame these changes to the TAC structure have happened at a time when lots of people are suffering financially and have to really watch where they put their dollars.

That's my 2 cents and I'm not a rep or demo for anybody, except The Shack!

6. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

I was strictly a hobby demo but after this disappointing catalog and the new minimums, I am also giving up my demoship.

Laura

Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

I'm not sure if I'll even get to see it! I don't know any demos anymore! I mean locally. I know yall good folks.

But if Sherri said it's not the best I don't even need to look. I trust Sherri. haha. No really I'm overwhelmed already with the stamp compaies I"m buying from. It's good for me not to see it.

I am sure the higher minimums are hard for a lot of people but I do totally understand why they do it. I mean not everyone that is a pretty good customer should get a discount. I think only the uberfans who would spend that much their own should be able to sign up just for the discount. I mean I didn't mind it the other way either, but I'm saying from a business standpoint I can see why they changed it.

8. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

I am sure the higher minimums are hard for a lot of people but I do totally understand why they do it. I mean not everyone that is a pretty good customer should get a discount. I think only the uberfans who would spend that much their own should be able to sign up just for the discount. I mean I didn't mind it the other way either, but I'm saying from a business standpoint I can see why they changed it.
    You're right Erin!

And also on the other point - there is SOOO much competition from online companies popping up here and there. Yet crafters still only have X number of dollars to spend. So their money is spread out thinner. So direct sales companies kind of need to weed out the one who aren't serious about selling I guess.

9. Re: After seeing the new TAC catalog, I have decided to step down

Quote Originally Posted by IMBlessed5 View Post
    I'll agree that the new catty does not have as big of a selection. I like that they went back to full size images though! And the Serendipity magalogue that came out last Spring is good until next Spring. PLUS the Fall magalogue that will come out Sept. 1st will be good for a year. So there will always be 3 catties to order from and TAC is great about their monthly specials.

Having said all that - I was going inactive anyway, LOL! Has nothing to do with TAC. It's just not a priority for me anymore. Life just gets in the way sometimes, KWIM? I just wanted to clear up a couple things so that this thread didn't become too negative.

Make it a great day!

I agree with this!!! I'll wait for the catty in September before making major decisions!!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread