+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad expo

1. Re: The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad expo

Quote Originally Posted by mydogstinks2 View Post
    I always take pictures at shows. I thought that is what the samples are there for, so you can buy the stamps and remake the cards.
    I would never remake someone else's card whether at a show, from a shop or from the stamp shack gallery. Samples are ideas and possibilities for the stamp in color and practice, but I'd hope that people would come up with their own original ideas and not "remake the card".
    Jennifer

My blog

2. Re: The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad expo

That sounds awful. I pray tomorrow is better for you and not so smelly.

Re: The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad expo

I'm back before day 2....

Jennifer--I don't think you have to worry too much about your card being copied and sold.....The gals that were pointing it out were asking the kinds of questions that would lead me to believe they're kind of novices and probably wouldn't be able to duplicate the card anyway. I think the picture takers were mainly in awe of it!! I don't think they'd be up to producing and selling. Although one or two bought the stamp while drooling over your card.

Heck, I couldn't even reproduce your card!!!!! That's come complicated and amazing detail!

Well....Sigh......guess I should head off to day 2. Gonna be a boooooooooring day. Some of the vendors were joking that they were so bored they were ready to fall asleep (not many people), so that show will probably go away next year. When people don't show up, the vendors won't come back.......I sure won't be doing that show next year. Oh well, just a few more hours!!!

Later!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

I'm so sorry this expo was such a bad experience for you. Hoping the next one will be much better.
    Amy

I hope today is better Tricia-maybe at least you will get to have the AC on as your packing up.

Gosh, sounds like an awful place to be. Eat lots of garlic! Fleas don't like it. Hope the time flies by while you make lots of sales.

Is there a photo of Jennifer's card? I've been gone the past week to Minneapolis and just back yesterday and would love to see it.

Life is uncertain ~ eat dessert first!

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides ~ David Viscott

It sounds like a nightmare, Tricia. I think I'd be sharing this information with other vendors by word of mouth at every other show I attended. What goes around, comes around.

I hope day two is better than the first and it sounds like it wouldn't take much!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Well, what a mess! So glad that is over. All the vendors were pretty unhappy. SInce most travel to these expos, they have lots of expenses. I heard some saying "If we had stayed home we wouldn'thave LOST money!" I felt bad for them. At least it was local for me and I wasn't out hotel and travel costs.

We didn't even bring in half what a normal expo does. The customers were saying they were loving it cause it wasn't crowded or anything....they don't understand when no one shows up, the vendors do not come back!!! Oh well. That's over. now my place is trashed with dumping everyhting from the car all over. Guess I'll head down and tackle some of that now.

And Jennifer--even MORE people were drooling over your Christmas cards today!!! Everyone loves them. You rock!!!!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

+ Reply to Thread