+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Anyone?

Re: Challenge Anyone?

I love challenges and try and do a couple of sketch challenges a week (hope they approve those two extras for you) but I am willing to give some other challenges a try, need to step outside of the box!
    Roxie

2. Re: Challenge Anyone?

OK guys. I changed all the challenge numbers to 13 so it would be consistent and easy to manage from this point forward. It's a lucky number right? Ha!

I've started working on the challenges so I know they will be ready for posting Friday night. If the Shack Host does not create a forum for the sketch and the limited supply challenges, they will be listed in the general chat area of this forum.

So that means you'll have LOTS to choose from:
    Mystery
    Color
    Technique
    Theme
    Sketch
    Limited Supply

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FUN?

3. Re: Challenge Anyone?

It was nice of people to discuss the issue of the "prize" and how that should be handeled. I don't feel comfortable with talking to the ShackHost about the prizes issue. Somehow, I feel it may come back and bite me if I ask for this and that too much. That may not be the case, but I just feel nervous about it. I just felt the Shack was really needing some Challenges. I have been visiting LOTS of other sites to complete challenges and if they were here, I would spend more time on the site KWIM?

Now that my DT obligations are done, I can all of my time on personal stamping.

Sure we have a great community, but its always fun to do things collaboratively with our work. I think it builds even more community and keeps people here. JMHO

Kerry

4. Re: Challenge Anyone?

No I don't KWUM. Perhaps you haven't been around enough to know that the hosts read what is on this board...I am sure they already know all that is going on AND that you are not alone in asking for the pri es. Kerry,you truly do not need to take on such an enormous project by yourself ... over 20 shackies stepped up to help when I asked for challenge help in the spring. Every single person came through with smashing participation and folks said let's do it again.

5. Re: Challenge Anyone?

I'm not sure why you'd think it would "come back and bite you" if you asked. We pay membership dues here at the shack and it seems quite reasonable that any prize would come from the Shack Hosts and sponsors. For myself, I don't feel comfortable having an individual shack member taking prizes upon themself. I think the idea of challenges is seriously lacking at the Stamp Shack and your idea is terrific to have them back, but it just isn't reasonable at all for prizes to be given by an individual member.
    Jennifer

My blog

6. Re: Challenge Anyone?

I understand, and I am aware they read the forum. I know that a lot of the money for our membership goes to the upkeep of this site so that's what was on my mind. I don't need to send a prize, just thought it was ok. I know there are some (not all) that participate solely to have a chance at a prize and thought that might get more participation.

Kerry

7. Re: Challenge Anyone?

Jan,

Are you angry about my comment? Mine wasn't written with anger and I'm not sure about your response. I don't want you to be angry at me about this challenge thing. Am I stepping on anyones toes? If so, I don't mean to. I don't know what was happening with me in the Spring and don't remember the challenges that happened then. Maybe I was preoccupied with DT stuff and no computer access at home.

Please know that if anyone wants to host the challenges too, they can, I just thought I should start something instead of just talk about it.

Kerry

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Re: Challenge Anyone?

Kerry, I think it's great of you to step in and get the WEEKLY CHALLENGES going again. I think as it starts up and progresses we will all work to figure out how to have it run-- if people take turns hosting, and if there are prizes or not. And the Shack Hosts will probably help out too. I know that the previous Creative Team got burned out, so that's why there's been nothing much going on--on a regular basis anyway.

I'm looking at it as if you're the FIRE that's getting this Challenge thing LIT up again and how ever you want to start it is fine with me. It sounds like you're very open to help too, so that's great.

What Jan is referring to is a big event we had here in April--while a bunch of gals were getting together for a Retreat in Michigan called Shackapalooza (2nd Annual!) Jan and several others organized a series of Challenges for a week long Palooza for those of us who stayed home. Each person posted their own Challenge and prize and it was a blast.
    --Lidia

9. Re: Challenge Anyone?

Thanks Lidia. I remember the Shackpalooza thing but I can never go since its during the school year BOO HOO...I don't know what happened or why I didn't do any challenges...I had to have seen them posted if I was online. I just don't remember them. Maybe I'm getting old!

I do hope to spur the action with challenges because I think they are so worthwhile to members.

10. Re: Challenge Anyone?

Kerry the Inkapalooza that Jan( Far North) so efficently organised as a very major Shack event back in the spring was a roaring success and was enjoyed by so many for ten whole days, I cannot believe you didn,t see it! LOL

At that time, many of us who supported Jan indicated that we hoped the new Shack Host would reintroduce the Creative Design team and we were waiting patiently to see what happened.
    However that does not stop anyone, including your good self, issueing challenges. I dont think there is any rules governing that and if there are I am sure Sarah will jump in and tell us.
    As for prizes I have mixed feelings about that.My own personal view is that it is all about the partcipation not the winning. Yes it is lovely to get an occassional prize, but I thought the old Blue ribbon award was well recieved and gave everyone a chance of a little kudos without incurring any extra cost to anyone.
    Go ahead Kerry and get the ball rolling. Perhaps this little nudge is all the Shack Hosts need to realise we would like to have an active and effective Design Corner up and running. Good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread