+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jennifer W. and Amy S. : Dog Bandanas!!

Jennifer W. and Amy S. : Dog Bandanas!!

Jennifer and Amy-
    Woohoo--I FINALLY finished stamping all those bandanas you were both so kind to send!!! Last step is to iron them to heat-set the ink (and de-hair at the same time, since kitties can't seem to resist going under the clothes dryer rack where I have them hanging until the ink dries on them...)

Amy the dark blue and purple didn't work--I am bummed! I tried 2 different light colors of ink, and they just didn't show up. I'm trying to think of another way to use them, but nothing comes to mind. let me know if you'd like them back?

So I have 36 of them done. What price do you think I should charge for them? I was thinking somewhere in the range of $4-6??

The bandanas all have the service dog image and saying in one corner, then in the opposite corner I put a "normal" dog in case people wanted to buy them just for their regular dogs. i used 2 images--one happy dog on a bag of biscuits saying "the fun starts here", and the other is a silly doggy scooting it's butt saying "just scraping by". All sides have paw prints along them--LOTS of paw print stamping!!!

I'll have to send pics when I'm totally done with them. I'll also send pics if I can of people buying them at the open house and trying them on their dogs, etc. (Sept 12th).

Just wanted to give you an update!
    THANKS!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

Re: Jennifer W. and Amy S. : Dog Bandanas!!

Too bad the royal blue and purple didn't work. Did you try a white craft ink on them? I thought that would work. I really don't want them back. Maybe you can find someone who could embroider something on them for you. Just a thought.
    Amy

this is just a thought, but what a bout bleach stamping?? can't hurt to try one. HTH

Amy--yes, I tried white, then I also tried an off-white like tanish to see if that would work better. neither showed up.

Yeah, i thought about embroidering, but willlikely hang onto them in case someone wants that. it is about $30 just to have the embroider place change the image into a file their sewing machine can recognize, then $5 per time they embroider something, so might wait and see if I get any requests for it.

Cindi--how does one bleach stamp? Doesn't the bleach bleed into the fabric and ruin the image???
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

5. Re: Jennifer W. and Amy S. : Dog Bandanas!!

Tricia, to bleach stamp you can tap your stamp directly into a flat dish with a bit of bleach just to wet the rubber image in the bleach and then stamp with the bleach wetted stamp onto the fabric. And yes, the bleach will remove the color in the fabric similar to the way ink will leave its color on the fabric. But unlike ink stamping that LEAVES ink stain on the fabric, bleach removes the color of the fabric. Either ink or bleach leaves the image of the on the fabric just that one method leaves an inked image and the other removes the color of the fabric (or paper) where the image is.

You can also put bleach in a spritz bottle and spray the stamp to wet it but this is a bit more tricky in that you'll likely end up with bleach spray where you don't want it.
    Jennifer

My blog

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Tricia... I've also seen people fold a paper towel in quarters, put that on a flat dish, pour the bleach on the towel and then put your rubber stamp to the towel to apply the bleach. I've stamped successfully with bleach on paper, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on fabric... certainly worth a try!
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

ya, I have done it with teh bleach on paper towel method, it's easier for a beginner. I
    m not sure if it will work without getting a fuzzy image, but I thought it would be worth a try

Hmmmm, I am intrigued! I might have to try that.

But not until later--maybe this weekend. I am TOTALLY wiped out lately--gotta take a few days of iron pills to work back up to myself, then I'll try it when i feel like I won't be a total klutz with it.

Ok, so will the image "bleed" with the bleach? Should I rinse the image under water once it is stamped to get the bleach out??
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

+ Reply to Thread