+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: East Coast get together???

1. Red face East Coast get together???

I would love to get together next summer (July 30-Aug. 1, 2010) with fellow stampers and was thinking about checking into some local hotels for some rates for the weekend. This would be open to any stamper that wants to attend, not just those who are on the east coast. It's over the summer too when I'm not teaching. Bring your family if you want to visit our Nation's Capital. The metro to DC is about 20 minutes away. I think I could advertise it at several scrapbook stores, my lss and online.

I'm thinking of check in on the Friday afternoon, Get together Friday evening for a Stamper's CROP TILL YOU DROP then have some shoebox classes and some Learn at Lunch projects. I've got some other ideas like some kit classes too (with a schedule).

It would be in Woodbridge, VA close to Potomac Mills Mall, Michael's and Ikea, about 30 minutes from the airport and DC and my local LSS and in the other direction about 30 miles from two scrapbook stores and AC Moore.

Would anyone be interested?

Kerry

Re: East Coast get together???

Heck yeah!
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Yes, the timing would be so good for me.
    What kind of stores are in DC?

4. Re: East Coast get together???

this sounds interesting. I have only driven past DC on our way to Cape Cod. The dates should be ok work wise too. Are you able to check on some hotels for us out-of-towners? Something middle of the road...

Visit my blog here

5. Re: East Coast get together???

maybe...but not sure yet. That is the week we may have to take our vacation next year. Depends on when my hubby's boss decides which week in July to close the sawmill.

It sounds like fun, but that typically is the weekend of the CHA conference and depending on where they have it next year, I might go or not - up in the air???
    Roxie

7. Re: East Coast get together???

Oh darn. I think my son's wedding will be August 7th so I won't be able to attend. Sounds like a ton of fun though.
    Teresa

8. Re: East Coast get together???

Would the beginning of August work better for most? I have put some inquiry in at some hotels in the area with shuttle to either airport (DC- DCA or Dulles - IAD). Since it's near my home, I can arrange a time throughout 2010 to fit best for everyone.

As for stores in the area, what are you interested in? There are two outlet malls in the area as well as a "ritzy" mall in Tysons Corner. There are lots of restaurants and Michael's and AC Moore are nearby. There are two scrapbook stores with tons of new papers and embellishments in Fredricksburg too. My LSS (Angela's Happy Stamper) is also about 40 minutes from here depending on traffic. That's about 20 minutes from where the hotels are.

9. Re: East Coast get together???

I live in south central PA, right by the MD border, I'm interested, possibly depending on the date. CTMH convention is in DC in July though..that may take all my money.
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

August is fine too- I just can't usually do spring- March, April, May.

+ Reply to Thread