+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Job interview at 10:30 this morning **SECOND UPDATE**

1. Wink Job interview at 10:30 this morning **SECOND UPDATE**

Please think good thoughts for me. Thanks. I'll let you know this afternoon how it went.

I'm back -- wow what a morning! First my pantyhose had a run in them. So I had to stop at the store on the way and put on a new pair in the ladies' restroom. Then I had trouble finding the street the courthouse is located on...pulled over and asked a policeman who was marking tires for parking tickets. I had trouble finding a place to park, and when I did I literally RAN into the courthouse. One of the policemen working security inside happened to be my EX-UNCLE...lol (divorced from my dad's sister) and he said "WHY ARE YOU RUNNING"? I said I have an interview and I had trouble finding a place to park. He showed me to the Law Library where the interviews were taking place. I went inside at 10:29 a.m. WHEW! Talk about a stressful start...my heart was racing from running. As soon as I got there, the Clerk of Court (a lady) came out and said we'll be with you in a moment.

I met with her and another woman and man. I apologized for being out of breath due to having trouble finding a place to park, and they all laughed. So I started to calm down I was in there for 30 minutes. They asked a lot of questions: wanted me to tell about myself, my background in the legal field, how I felt about working with the public, how would I handle a disgruntled customer, what my long term goals are, why should they hire me, how do I feel about working in court with a judge and taking notes, etc.

I think it went well...though I felt like due to my slight nervousness I probably talked a mile a minute...lol

I'm not getting my hopes up though like I did the last time. So whatever happens.....happens.

It is a 40-45 minute drive...that's the only bad part.

UPDATE #2 -- After the interview yesterday, I got some lunch and went back home. The Clerk called me at 4pm to say she was very impressed with my interview, and wants me to come back tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. for a second interview. I have to take my birth certificate, driver's license and SS card so they can do a criminal background check.

Still....trying not to get my hopes up. (The payscale is 27,000-42,000 per year...much room for growth, and the benefits are really good. I could pay off a lot of bills for 27,000 per year.)

SEE 3RD UPDATE IN BLUE ON PAGE 4.....yikes...my heart is pounding

Re: Job interview at 10:30 this morning

Prayers and good thoughts for you Jan. Please God let this be the right job for Jan, and let them love her as much as we do.
    Sarah

Good luck and I hope it is after there coffee break and they feel fine and hire you- Nancy

Best of luck Jan.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

5. Re: Job interview at 10:30 this morning

Let us know how it goes. My fingers and toes are crossed. Its 10:40 so you are there right now..
    The Shackretary

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I hope it's going well for you...you should be there right now. I'll say a prayer that if it's the right one then they will offer you the position.

The best of luck to you!
    shelley

good luck, jan!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Best of luck today. I hope this is the right one.

10. Re: Job interview at 10:30 this morning **UPDATE**

just posted an update....boy am I exhausted!

+ Reply to Thread