+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

1. Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

As I posted a few weeks ago I am not able to attend Markie's Mom's retreat in Jacksonville FL the last weekend of October (Halloween weekend)?

I don't want any money - I just want someone to go and enjoy the retreat. I paid for it and cannot go. I paid early to get the discounted price of $225.00 vs. the $300.00 that Faith is now charging. The last weekend of October is the weekend before my breast cancer walk in Dallas and I have some work commitments that are preventing me from fitting it all in. Faith offered me a $75.00 refund of the $225 I paid or I can find someone to take my place. I'd much rather find someone that would like to go in my spot rather than get a partial refund.

Here's the link - http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/search/label/October%202009%20Stampin%27%20Retreat

Please PM me if you are interested in going. I'm at the lake so I won't be online much between now and Sunday night but I will give the first person to PM me my spot - no charge and no strings attached. The only thing I ask that in some small way you pay it forward and do some form of a RAK (doesn't have to be stamping related - just an act of kindness) for someone else.
    Teresa

Re: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

Teresa..you are just the sweetest!!
    This is a fab opportunity for some lucky shackie..and they will also get to meet out very own Erin K!!
    I sure wish I could swing it.

3. Re: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

Teresa..I hope you get someone to take it. I had the pleasure of Faith teaching me three cards at the Flourishes weekend this past winter. She is fun to be around and has loads of energy. Even though I live here in FL, I can't do this. I am going away the weekend prior to Georgia to babysit for my sister and I can't be gone two weekends in a row.

Ladies...if you are interested, go to Splitcoast and check out her gallery!

Visit my blog here

YOu are too sweet for making such an offer, Teresa. Sure hope someone can go and have a great weekend.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

5. Re: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

Thanks ladies. I sure hope someone can go. If you live near an airport that Southwest flies in and out of I know the airfare to Jacksonville is pretty reasonable.
    Teresa

75 dollars, doesnt she realize that with all of us here, she could easily make up all the money by returning yours. People in business today just dont use their heads. Could you get in touch with Erin since she lives in Jacksonville. - Nancy

You have a good heart Teresa.
    A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

8. Re: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

Teresa - does Erin have a friend that would want to attend with her? (I thought you had said that she was going)

9. Re: Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

I'd pay you to be able to attend but there is no flight back for me on Sunday (to Dulles) and I have to be back to work on Monday.

Hope you get a taker!

Kerry

I went to Faiths very first retreat and it was tons of fun and I would love to go again. I wish I could take you up on your very generous offer however since it is halloween weekend I am unable to go. I have 2 small boys and I really look forward to the trick or treating fun and could never miss that.

I really hope you can find someone to take your place, good luck. I wish she wasn't doing it on that weekend since people with small children might would not get to attend just for my same reason.
    Christy

+ Reply to Thread